Sign in to follow this  
Bigt

LatinVFR new Madrid scenery

Tested the scenery and performance was excellent! Night lighting is nicely done and photo scenery is sharp even with low res setting.

I highly recommend it if you don't  have the Simwings version. They are both very good, but fps are better in LatinVFR's version on my system.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'll be short. I own both simwings pro version and now latinvfr. Ricardo made a great add on. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Thank you both for your responses. The Simwings version is currently on sale but it sounds as if I'll go with the newer LatinVFR version. Thanks again!

I wasn't going to get the LatinVFR version because I already have the Simwings, which I like a lot. However, looking at the screenshots I might pick it up when it goes on sale, sometime in the future. I'm glad to hear performance is good, as Simwings' rendition is a little hard on my rig. I was also very happy to read about the huge photoreal coverage in LatinVFR's scenery, and also exciting is the advanced use of SODE and P3D's scripting engine to activate lights and change seasons. Sounds like a truly modern addon!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Why on earth are devs doubling up on airports ? Stupid, really stupid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It seems that LatinVFR continuously catches up to the top league which is imo represented by FlightBeam and FlyTampa (in parts).

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Why on earth are devs doubling up on airports ? Stupid, really stupid.

I have to agree with you there. Hopefully this behavior stops when Microsoft's new sim is eventually released. At any rate, given that I do not currently own the Simwings version, I will be purchasing LatinVFR's version as it represents the most up-do-date methods/details.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Hopefully this behavior stops when Microsoft's new sim is eventually released.

How exactly?

Do you think any new Sim will stop developers from creating really fully detailed airport content? if you guys believe the new holy grail simulator will have such level of details by default as 3rd party airports can offer at the moment for other simulators you will be heavily disappointed.

I guess we all will need to wait until release date so you guys finally realise the true.. it looks amazing and it will be amazing, all true. But there is no way it will have the level of details you all are expecting for each single airport in the world. And to be clear I am talking about current users expectations:

• Accurate taxiways / signs as the current real world airport.
  • Accurate building looks and layouts as the current real world airport.
  • Accurate gateway numbers, gateway locations and parking positions.
  • Vehicles around the airport.
  • Runway seasonal texturing.
  • Airport seasonal texturing.
  • Etc.

Hell I have seem comments of certain users sometimes complaining about the colour of taxiways, grass, etc... people are very hard to please 😅

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

How exactly?

I think you have  mis -understood BIGT reply, we are referring to doubling up of airports, not that we won't need addon airports in FS2020.

Edited by ZKOKQ
  • Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

7 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I think you have  mis -understood BIGT reply, we are referring to doubling up of airports, not that we won't need addon airports in FS2020.

Ok. But then if a developer creates a content and another creates a better version of it. Would you not like to have the opportunity to choose the one that fits your "desired" looks instead?

Competition is what keeps pushing the boundaries and limits of what we see today. For an instance I know people ask developer to create version of airports that already exists just because they like / love the way Developer A does things more than Developer B.

So on this instance, it is very possible LatinVFR has been developer to accommodate current customers requests.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Upvote 1

"Doubling up" on sceneries? As in creating sceneries that another developer has already developed? If so, then it's because developers are seperate competing businesses. It's not like there's central committee that doles out sceneries for development.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Competition is what keeps pushing the boundaries

I embrace competition, just like you, I think we need it, but if the Simwings version was rubbish, I would welcome LVFR too. But it's not. So to me a waste of time IMHO.

Look how many versions of Barcelona there are ?  Justsim will do a Madrid next lol

The only way that "doubling up" on airport sceneries could be avoided is if all developers stated which airport they were going to develop right at the start. Clearly, this is not going to happen. As Andre has stated above, developers are separate competing businesses. They do not discuss their plans with other developers, and they generally do not reveal what they are working on until a significant amount of research and design has already been done.

Yes, I know it is frustrating when two (or more) developers release the same airport, but it can't be avoided. That's life, folks!

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The only way that "doubling up" on airport sceneries could be avoided is if all developers stated which airport they were going to develop right at the start. Clearly, this is not going to happen. As Andre has stated above, developers are separate competing businesses. They do not discuss their plans with other developers, and they generally do not reveal what they are working on until a significant amount of research and work has already been done.

Yes, I know it is frustrating when two (or more) developers release the same airport, but it can't be avoided. That's life. folks!

That's fine, as long as the sales are adequate to justify the development time. They could very well put themselves out of bushiness. We are not exactly a huge market.

If they built an airport  that was not done, or to replace an airport that was way out of date, the return on their investment would be very good. By LVFR doing Madrid, they have lost at least 50% of potential sales. One thing we don't want is any decent developer going under, that is the last thing I want to see.

Edit:

I understand they don't tell each other what they are working on, but some of the top shelf devs do, like FlyTampa and FSDT and Flightbeam.

Edited by ZKOKQ