Sign in to follow this  
JerryG

Comments about the blurries from an ACES developer

>Actually, AVSIM has a number of ACES team members posting>here. You just need to know where to look... :)May be so but the first one (as far as I know) to state that openly.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

<>Adam when you say that you can use a smaller value for higher rates, do you mean "FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.22 or something like that?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Stelios,You are correct. With a value of 0.22, FS will measure how long it takes to render each frame and devote 22% of that time to background tasks like loading terrain textures.-Adam

Hi, Adam. Thank you for visiting and giving us these explanations. Much appreciated!

Thanks Adam!This is a great set of steps we can all use once we purchase FSX.Now we have a blurries tweaking guide ready before FSX arrives!Your continued posting on this board is appreciated!JerryG

Guest DLM9000

I can assure everyone who did not get to meet Adam at the AVSIM Conference, that nothing about him comes across as a 'slacker'. Adam, we appreciate the time you took to socialize with us Friday night, educate us during the conference weekend, and now "making Brett proud" interacting with us here. I will say that the Aces Team looked a little tired at the show, and I am sure it was because of the pre-delivery schedule. I hope all of the team enjoy well deserved vacations. Thanks for sharing this information.Dennis Mitchell

I agree, thanks for making the very informative post and replies.

Guest ThrottleUp

Thank you Adam for posting this on Avsmi. I always find it really interesting to hear what people on the FSX team have to say - this is the stuff we will never find mentioned in any book! :) Bookmarked :)

Guest bustervk

Thanks Adam on behalf of WorldofFS; very Much appreciated!Kind regards.Bert

Guest vfr
http://msmvps.com/blogs/thenakedmvp/default.aspx says today:"I thought it worth noting that in the release version of FSX, Adam Szofran's "Blurrie" setting is not in the default FSX.CFG file. You can read Adam's post on AVSIM about the issue here before making the choice to add the entry to your FSX.CFG File. If you do choose to add the "FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33" then you add it in your [MAIN] section"

and to the peopl who dont read FS blogs or avsim. they would have no idea about this, instead they would find the game would look awful, and either take it back or put it in the pile of games they would never play again. I dont get why it isnt a slider to help the casual simmer

I was under the impression that the "FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33" value was implemented in the retail version, and that we only would add that line in cfg if we wanted to play with the 0.33 value.