Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

New beta branch available on Steam!

Hi, yes i have already tested it twice but unfortunately with no results. Then i opted out beta, successfully. I don't understand why they released this beta when no one uses FSX's stock settings (Aircrafts, sceneries, weather etc). I think that the best idea would have been to release a beta supporting all the addons we use to get the big picture. Or perhaps they could do some reading here in avsim.com. I am sure they can find more answers here than gathering info from an obsolete platform. Their target group are  simmers who use addons (plenty of them), or in other words they need something more than the fsx "stock experience". Or not?

My best regards.

48 minutes ago, Dio said:

Hi, yes i have already tested it twice but unfortunately with no results. Then i opted out beta, successfully. I don't understand why they released this beta when no one uses FSX's stock settings (Aircrafts, sceneries, weather etc). I think that the best idea would have been to release a beta supporting all the addons we use to get the big picture. Or perhaps they could do some reading here in avsim.com. I am sure they can find more answers here than gathering info from an obsolete platform. Their target group are  simmers who use addons (plenty of them), or in other words they need something more than the fsx "stock experience". Or not?

My best regards.

Losing comparability is no difference than what occurs with P3D updates. It just takes Developers a few days to fix it. Pete has stated he will have a fix for FSUIPC early next week.

Edited by Adrian123

Hello @ll,

the beta has a new version of the SimConnect API, that is why many addons aren't working. That the sim crashes and that it is not directly backwards compatible is a new one. Looks like developers have to go through a simple recompile with the new libraries. I am currently conducting tests with my own addons, and there seem to be some oddities with the new API. Initially it looked like it was working out of the box, but I am seeing a few strange things.

As a developer it is probably safer to wait this out until the new version is released in full. Doesn't really make sense to chase betas.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

I seem to have some luck in this regard. I am having no issues with the Beta Branch. Here are the steps I did. Now I will say first I did not have FSX:SE installed on my new rig. So this was a clean install.

1. Installed FSX:SE

2. Started Simulation

3. ACCEPTED EULAs

4. Did a free flight from KSAC to KSFO all is working so far. Exited Sim.

5. Applied Beta in the Manage window in Steam.

6 Beta downloaded and installed

7 Started Sim. All scenery loaded. Went to settings activated real world weather updates.

8. Did a flight from KSMF to KLAX. All working. Exited Sim

10. Installed all my Steam Add-ons. everything is working.

I have not installed any non steam add-ons as of posting this. i will be soon, so we will see.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keyholebud said:

I seem to have some luck in this regard. I am having no issues with the Beta Branch. Here are the steps I did. Now I will say first I did not have FSX:SE installed on my new rig. So this was a clean install.

1. Installed FSX:SE

2. Started Simulation

3. ACCEPTED EULAs

4. Did a free flight from KSAC to KSFO all is working so far. Exited Sim.

5. Applied Beta in the Manage window in Steam.

6 Beta downloaded and installed

7 Started Sim. All scenery loaded. Went to settings activated real world weather updates.

8. Did a flight from KSMF to KLAX. All working. Exited Sim

10. Installed all my Steam Add-ons. everything is working.

I have not installed any non steam add-ons as of posting this. i will be soon, so we will see.

Hi could you please post a list of your working add-ons? It will help many people who are interested to get an idea. So my list of add-ons is.

Sky Force 3d, ORBX Global + Europe + Vectors, PMDG B738-9 +744, FSLABS A320, AS16, DX10 Scenery Fixer, GSX, IVAP and some airports  +  EFASS. I have noticed that the error comes from couatl.exe (GSX) the problem is CTD during splash screen refering to couatl.exe.

Regards.

Edited by Dio

On 11/17/2019 at 9:33 PM, Dio said:

I don't understand why they released this beta when no one uses FSX's stock settings (Aircrafts, sceneries, weather etc).

I think the crash reports tell them which addons aren't starting and what the errors are. So maybe on their end they can try to fix it and/or developers can patch things (like someone said the FSPUIC guy is doing). They can see what addons people are using to focus attention on that. 

If everything worked it wouldn't be a beta.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

I think the crash reports tell them which addons aren't starting and what the errors are. So maybe on their end they can try to fix it and/or developers can patch things (like someone said the FSPUIC guy is doing). They can see what addons people are using to focus attention on that. 

If everything worked it wouldn't be a beta.

Hi there, i have the feeling that they are gathering info about hardware and it's overall performance and maybe they  want to know what kind of add-ons we use. I don't think that the new sim will be compatible with what we have already installed. Every add on will be rewritten to match the requirements of the new platform plus i believe that many add-ons we usually use for FSX will be already included or won't be needed. By the time MS announced the new platform i have noticed, correct me if I'm wrong, that there are no updates for FSX's major add-ons like aircrafts. The announcement of MS's comeback, has created a shock wave in the sim market, with the biggest impact unfortunately on FSX related products. My best regards

Disregard. Topic re-posted in the SimConnect forum.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI