Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

MSFS via XCloud ?

The goal of XCloud is to make games accessible anywhere via internet and on every connected device.

Can we expect to see MSFS accessible in XCloud? This would solve any hardware requirement issues.

Sorry if this has been answered before

I didn’t see any convincing info on the issue but the very fact that MS has announced a powerful console in the months to come, seems to indicate that users will need CPU/GPU muscle at home for their games, and for a long time.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The XO19 pre alpha was 4K stream that FSElite was showing at the show on Thursday.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, Noooch said:

The goal of XCloud is to make games accessible anywhere via internet and on every connected device.

Can we expect to see MSFS accessible in XCloud? This would solve any hardware requirement issues.

Sorry if this has been answered before

Well it would be the ultimate demonstration of the power and usefulness of their XCloud platform. Just imagine being able to play this in 4K resolution on your old GTX 900 series or even on your TV. I would gladly pay 15-60 euro's a month (15 for 1080p-30fps up to 60 for 4K-60fps) for a service like that as it will save me from buying a top notch PC every few years and it will also reduce my electricity bill by quite an amount.   

• Like 1

So when they say Game Streaming will be available in 2020, they mean some studios or all of the Game Pass catalog?

Hey Noooch.  Sure is great to see the gaming industry delivering content to all types of connected devices.  XCloud and now Stadia. 

I'm curious, though... just how would a MFS session look on my iPhoneX or iPad (or Android equivalents)?  And how would I read the gauges and interact with switches/controls, etc?  And would we use XBox or Stadia controllers, or something new? 

Game streaming technology is certainly innovative, but I'm not so sure a flight sim is the optimal use case.  But, being an old guy, maybe I just don't have the advanced insight necessary to understand how this would work. 🙂

Thoughts?

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

@dmiannay If they bring the title to Xbox, the problem will be the same, but they said they will find a way to make it work.

More important, if this is true, that means MSFS will be playable with max graphics on an old computer, probably with a subscription (for XCloud, not for Gamepass)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noooch said:

More important, if this is true, that means MSFS will be playable with max graphics on an old computer, probably with a subscription (for XCloud, not for Gamepass)

That would be a game-changed for access.  They could reach a much larger audience that way.  I like it!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

5 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

I think you are confused?

I think you did not listen to the interview in the video.

Raymond Fry.

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

I think you did not listen to the interview in the video.

You are confusing a 4k video stream with an interactive gameplay stream. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean. Didn’t fselite just play the 9 cities video and talk over the top of it?

1 hour ago, Superdelphinus said:

You are confusing a 4k video stream with an interactive gameplay stream. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean. Didn’t fselite just play the 9 cities video and talk over the top of it?

I was not talking about XCLOUD as I have already posted it`s in beta and not available at the moment, in the video they had a pre-alpha in 4K streaming that they had access to I watched it in full screen 4K and the popping in scenery was very noticeable, but it`s still only pre-alpha and has he said they have a lot of work to do still, so I think you can forget hopping to see this released in few months summer maybe.

Raymond Fry.