[FEEDBACK] New Discovery Episodes Wishlist

6 hours ago, aleex said:

This plus

11. Animals

😂😃😅😀😁😂😃  🐕🐱🐀🐹🐢🐇🐰🐼🐧🐃🐆

• Like 2

- airports: from large mega-hubs down to small unpaved strips

- ground operations

- bush flying, landing / takeoff at beaches, river banks etc.

- seaplane operations

- A320 / B748 cockpit, systems, FMC/FMS

-ATC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

As we know the developers are clearly listening to this forum regarding next episodes, so would it not be better to put this down to a vote what we want to see in order? My top vote would be airports.

10 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

- airports: from large mega-hubs down to small unpaved strips

- ground operations

- bush flying, landing / takeoff at beaches, river banks etc.

- seaplane operations

- A320 / B748 cockpit, systems, FMC/FMS

-ATC.

Ralf , you cut the grass under my feet, almost the exact list I had in mind and was going to post.

Regarding the cockpits, Ep #4 is supposed to be dedicated to them.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Is it possible to make a vote where you can choose multiple items,not just one ?

Also, a vote means someone has to write down all the propositions to let other people choose, so not all the ideas may be represented...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pmb said:

Regions outside NA/EU, like Africa, Asia (Japan, Russia), New Zealand etc. with corresponding default airports.

Kind regards, Michael

That too. A EP dedicated to regions and specially those poorly represented today like :

- the Philippines archipelago, Java and its volcanoes, Japan (anywhere but the Fuji 😁!)

- North Mali , Namibia, Egypt

- Greece, South Italy, the Loire valley (hint : with the castles)

- the Amazon, Peru, Atacama desert in Chile (with the the telescopes !)

- the Caribbean

That should make a nice vid if not a little long 😋.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Is it possible to make a vote where you can choose multiple items,not just one ?

Good point... I also think people are getting this confused with what they want in the sim... No point asking for episodes on VR and seasons etc when we know it’s not currently being implemented yet.

Edited by Carts85

1 hour ago, Carts85 said:

As we know the developers are clearly listening to this forum regarding next episodes, so would it not be better to put this down to a vote what we want to see in order? My top vote would be airports.

I considered that, but since i would come up with just few of them the poll would be limited in choise. Instead this way the developers can scroll on this topic and find what people want either way 🙂 Perhaps i'll make a poll next week based on the items listed in this topic.

For now i'll just record your requests (specifically those we know are in the simulator already so we avoid the confusion with the general wishlist topic). I wanted to add them to the first message list too but apparently i can't edit my message there to add them.

Edited by france89

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Looking back at the circus a recent poll was, I am wary of seeing that all over again. Let them sort out this thread.  They don’t need fake numbers but feedbacks as the topic title says.

• Like 1

Dominique

Another addition they could do is a more detailed Discovery episodes about the individual planes. Perhaps with some history behind them too, or general handing etc etc. This is something that their aircraft partners surely would be happy about, and in War Thunder (where they did similar things) people have always been eager to learn more about the machines they could use in game

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

9 hours ago, pmb said:

Regions outside NA/EU, like Africa, Asia (Japan, Russia), New Zealand etc. with corresponding default airports.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes! Devote one entire episode to showing airports/cities/regions nominated by the community.... Maybe someone create a post where people can vote on their choices for inclusion in the video.

I'd like to see the Philippines, in particular Manila (RPLL) and Caticlan (RPCT)....  Also Bangkok and Hongkong would be nice.

Matthew S

Why create an entire episode about regions?

I know it is important but we already saw gorgeous landscapes from extremely remote areas (not all of them of course) letting us have the impression the entire planet is reasonably well represented and we won't have any major break of immersion.

Isn't it important to learn a little bit more about the airports you will take off and land from? We literally have no information apart 2 or 3 famous ones: Courchevel, KSFO, KLAX

What about the 47997 others? In a short leg with an airliner, you spend half of the entire experience in an airport and looking at it!

This could be a real immersion breaker if they lack basic features or if they just don't look right, I doubt it but we just don't know anything.

Will we be able to finally have hangars like in the trailer? Will the buildings be generic ones, all the same? Based on satellite photos? Scanned from real life? A gateway system like in XPlane? Or just random?

Are we going to have live airports or dead airports?

Edited by Noooch
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Why create an entire episode about regions?

Well I'd just be happy with some screen shots of the Philippines and Thailand, including RPLL and VTBD.

Matthew S

2 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Well I'd just be happy with some screen shots of the Philippines and Thailand, including RPLL and VTBD.

You have one from New Guinea if i am not mistaken in the Lionel's episode (World), and it looks good 🙂

I'd love to see a technical overview (it's the scientist in me!). They've told us what it can do, but I'd like to know in more detail how it does it; How does it meld Bing maps with a mesh? How does Azure remove clouds, parked airplanes, etc.? How many tree models do they have? How does the car system work? How is it multithreaded? Does it offload any non-graphics calculations to the GPU? etc.

On a similar vein, it would be great to see an overview of how they create a plane or a detailed airport to help inspire freeware addon creators.

Would love to see a bush flying dedicated movie. Are we going to get the feeling of flying into a tree-lined strip and want to jump out and set up the tent? (Virtual hunting mod anyone?) Will we hear the crunch of gravel under our wheels? Will there be wind tunnel effects down a river bed?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1