Sign in to follow this  
AerOdyssey

How can they develop with bad yoke ( DEAD ZONE )

As I work with software development teams as well, I know that testing should be done with what the global pool of users will have in terms of hardware, not just the minority who can afford top notch hardware. 

Now I do not have Honeycomb Yoke (But I might get their Pedestal though if it`s worth it) but I have both CH and Saitek Yokes and the lame Saitek sets of throttle sleeping in cardboxes. I do not use them since few years now because they are simply cheap and lack a lot of precision. Flying with these is simply a frustrating experience...

So since few years now, I got an older version of the Thrustmaster T.16000M after hearing great reviews about it back then, and, despite its center detent like many common joysticks, it's the most precise controller I've ever used for simulation and it costed me only 40$ CA back then. For the throttle I got a used Hotas Warthog tand no need to say how pro it feels... 

So CH and Saitek yokes and throttles are both a big waste of money... But developers and QA teams need to test with common hardware for such a software, this is normal...

• Upvote 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

OK, kiddies!  Enough of the childish name calling!  Your posts were removed.  Any more and it will result in more punitive measures.

• Upvote 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 hours ago, Claviateur said:

So since few years now, I got an older version of the Thrustmaster T.16000M after hearing great reviews about it back then, and, despite its center detent like many common joysticks

Thank you for your feedback 👍

• Like 1

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, Nedo68 said:

you compare Saitek to Honeycomb ?

comparing Honeycomb with Saitec is more than laughable lol

I have bought and used 2 CH Pro Yokes. They had no "dead zone(s)" at all. I replaced the second one with a Logitech G Saitek PRO Flight Yoke System..

It has about a 3º dead zone when rotating right. No dead zone when turning left.

Honestly I never really noticed it until I tried driving in American Truck Simulator and I couldn't make right turns at highway speeds without either running off the road or hitting the crash barrier!

I guess I'll have to start saving up for a Honeycomb. <sigh>

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator