Sign in to follow this  
topatov

How can they develop with bad yoke ( DEAD ZONE )

How can they develop an accurate flight dynamics with very bad yoke like saitek or honeycomb ? Because both have big dead zone 

look at on this video even little pitch corrects the plane and you can't get these accuracy with saitek or honeycomb 

Edited by topatov

Because those aren't the only, nor the best available yokes on the market you'd use as the top tier benchmarks.

8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

In all previews events they use saitek pro flight or honey comb ... 

Edited by topatov

1 minute ago, topatov said:

In all previous events they use saitek pro flight or honey comb ... 

What they use at events and what they use to confirm flight dynamics internally might not have anything to do with each other.

8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

in this video behind Lionel Fuentes in the background you can see developers are not using top tier joystick ... 

Yes, they are testing the software, not developing the flight model. They are testing using whatever is set up, whatever they are comfortable with, whatever needs to be compatibility tested at present, because users on the other end will be using a wide variety of control solutions. If you notice, those aren't yokes either? Those are flight sticks, yet another completely different input method.

When you develop a game you have to take into account the player base. What good is it to develop a game that is only playable with a  $1000 controller when 90% of the users will use a less than $150 joystick or yoke.

They have to develop and test with what the majority of people will use.

• Like 2

you compare Saitek to Honeycomb ?

comparing Honeycomb with Saitec is more than laughable lol

• Like 1

100% VR flyer - Valve Index & RTX 2080 ti

I hope they develop it for me and my VR-Controllers! 🤐

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

13 minutes ago, Julkensen said:

When you develop a game you have to take into account the player base. What good is it to develop a game that is only playable with a  $1000 controller when 90% of the users will use a less than $150 joystick or yoke.

They have to develop and test with what the majority of people will use

Sure, but they shouldn't fall into the trap of thinking everyone is using cheap controllers with dead zones, and then programming the sim so it's optimized for lower-end controllers. That would upset those with higher-end controls, many of whom will be "influencers" on YouTube and Twitch, and posting here on Avsim and other flight sim sites. I know I'd raise some noise if my Thrustmaster Warthog stick didn't feel as smooth and accurate as it does in other sims. 

At this point, I'm not too worried about seeing low-end joysticks on the developers' computer rigs. It's early days, and the people in the photo may be looking at other things right now besides the flight model response. It's also not surprising if they're not buying high-end setups for public demos. I'm going to assume that someone on the team -- hopefully real-life pilots -- will be testing with better controls. And they'll get plenty of feedback on that from the outside Alpha testers too.

• Upvote 2

Primary sim is X-Plane 11 on Windows 10
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

24 minutes ago, topatov said:

I hope microsoft will develop for us a new yoke with hall effect around 300€ 

Hope they have good compatibility for every kind of controller out there. I think u are judging too early, wait for more information regarding their flight model. The fact u see an average consumer joke in that video doesent mean anything. Internal developing is different than just testing.

Edited by papaja

I haven't really seen that to cause problems with other flight sims I've played. Generally as long as the sim does not have significant input lag it is generally possible to get good control curves set up. What I'm curious about is whether they are doing a force model or a displacement model? 

5 hours ago, topatov said:

How can they develop an accurate flight dynamics with very bad yoke like saitek or honeycomb ? Because both have big dead zone 

look at on this video even little pitch corrects the plane and you can't get these accuracy with saitek or honeycomb 

I received my Honeycomb Alpha yoke today and have a minuscule  dead zone as far as I can tell.  I am really satisfied with mine. Maybe a newer revision?  It seems comparable to my PFC Jetliner yoke, but with better centering.  

• Like 1

Specs: I9-9900K. Nvidia 1080 ti, 32bg ram, I7-6700K, Nvidia 1080 | Headsets: Hp Reverb, Samsung Odyssey OG, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest and Oculus Go
Flight Simulators: Prepar3d, FSX, X-plane 11, Aerofly FS 2, DCS, FSW