Sign in to follow this  
407aviation

Imaginesim KATL?

Ok guys, so in October I got Imaginesim KATL for FSX and right off the bat when I downloaded it the gates had black squares where the gate markings on the ground would normally be. I put this on the back burner until now because i really want to fly from Atlanta. Every single gate has this problem EXCEPT B25 (which i coincidentally flew from back in 2018)...

On top of this, the operations center is completely broken for me. All it wants to do is ask for my order info and make me redownload the scenery over and over.

I tried contacting imaginesim back in October to no avail. And yes, I did purchase this legitimately. 

Since this is the P3D forum, I'm assuming you meant you have Imaginesim's KATL for P3D.  You should be able to uninstall, download the latest version, and reinstall.  Ensure there are no other KATL installed for P3D and that SODE is installed and working.  

Let us know if this does it for you.  

Dave

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I've had zero problems with KATL, and I just reinstalled P3D after a complete uninstall, and redownloaded and reinstalled KATL, works fine.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Same here! KATL, after they updated it a last time, has been a real joy of an addon that looks and functions great for me. Perhaps you can post a screenshot so we get a better idea of your issue?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Another very please ImagineSim KATL user here.  No issues at all.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

18 hours ago, 407aviation said:

Ok guys, so in October I got Imaginesim KATL for FSX and right off the bat when I downloaded it the gates had black squares where the gate markings on the ground would normally be.

I don't have KATL, but do have FSX.  A couple things to try; turn off any anti-virus software during the install and run the install program as Admin. 

• Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

thanks for all the replies on my first post guys!

Unfortunately I don't know how to put in a photo yet but for now I will try to describe it. 

All the gates (where the yellow and red ground markings are) are just black squares. There are no textures there (at least I suspect) and it just makes the otherwise amazing airport disgusting. 

There is a "Sticky" near the top of this forum page explaining all there is to know about posting screenshots.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

There is a "Sticky" near the top of this forum page explaining all there is to know about posting screenshots.

Thanks!

Looks like a missing texture.  Take a look at this on FSDeveloper.

Essentially it involves pasting the following in to the [SCENERY] section of your fsx.cfg file.

// To show alerts or areas, set to = 1
// To hide alerts or areas, set to = 0
// Alert for missing textures
ShowMissingTextureAlert=1
// Alert for missing objects
MissingLibraryAlert=1
// Render Trigger areas as visible boxes ShowTriggers=1

That will give you a starting point..

Ernest Pergrem

7 hours ago, airernie said:

Looks like a missing texture.  Take a look at this on FSDeveloper.

Essentially it involves pasting the following in to the [SCENERY] section of your fsx.cfg file.

// To show alerts or areas, set to = 1
// To hide alerts or areas, set to = 0
// Alert for missing textures
ShowMissingTextureAlert=1
// Alert for missing objects
MissingLibraryAlert=1
// Render Trigger areas as visible boxes ShowTriggers=1

That will give you a starting point..

I know this probably sounds like a stupid question, but where's the fsx.cfg file? i spent a good while looking around to no avail.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10