Sign in to follow this  
Guest 777LR

Stop complaining about FSX

Guest YukonPete

On every new release of FS we get a number of people complaining about how the simulator is too demanding on PC's. Well here is a news flash! We will probably not see another version of FS until 2009. And in the next year PC hardware will catch up to FSX. Just as it did with FS2004 and FS2002. If your not happy then stay with FS2004 for another year then upgrade your PC. Sure it runs slow on my PC but I don't complain. I will continue to use FS2004 until I can upgrade next year. I am happy MS push FSX to the limit because I want a simulator thats going to last me for the next 3 years. You have to look down the road. Not at today. If your only worried about today and running FS on a 2005 PC then stay with FS2004.Pete

Guest JIMJAM

For every complaint you see, you can bet someone out there is reading it and wondering how they can improve it.It may be free or they may charge for it but thats how improvements happen.So complain away people and for those with the talent and time to improve the sim, we eagerly await them.PS-Start with a autogen and scenery thats easier on our computers.

>Sure it runs slow on my PC but I don't complain. >PeteOFcourse you do. You complain about other people complaining because it irks you. Others post about what irks them.Its a free world.:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Len

OFcourse you do. You complain about other people complaining because it irks you. Others post about what irks them.Its a free world.Exactly. And news flash to original poster: those complaints may actually be viable and legitimate complaints.

Guest FxF3

They are going to complain no matter what some are just that way when a new FS comes along. Others will have legit complaints. While others will complain no matter what you do to try and help even with a proven tip.Don't worry about them just enjoy what FS you have and try to get the most from it.

So, complaining about the complaning is somehow going to make things better? Just consider for a moment the poor guy who buys FSX for his kid's birthday and the finds out it will hardly run on his two-year old brand-name computer. How much do you think he cares about "down the road" or upgrades? All he wants is to make his kid happy. 95% of the potential FSX users never heard of AVSIM, beta testing, FS9, or anything else to do with flight simming. All they want is a program that works without having to spend another $2000 on a computer. And it looks like FSX is really going to come up short for anyone with an average DX9-based machine. So, listen to the complaints and you just might learn something.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest AOA

DougVery insightful post.Nothing else need be said I think.Pete

Guest david W.

Well said. This is basic common knowledge/sense that most of us flight sim fans have gotten to know over the years.However there are those that will just never get it. *:-* :-)

> So, complaining about the complaning is somehow going to>make things better? Just consider for a moment the poor guy>who buys FSX for his kid's birthday and the finds out it will>hardly run on his two-year old brand-name computer. How much>do you think he cares about "down the road" or upgrades? All>he wants is to make his kid happy. 95% of the potential FSX>users never heard of AVSIM, beta testing, FS9, or anything>else to do with flight simming. All they want is a program>that works without having to spend another $2000 on a>computer. And it looks like FSX is really going to come up>short for anyone with an average DX9-based machine. So, listen>to the complaints and you just might learn something.>>DougHmm- well 95% of the potential FSX users that never heard of AVSIM will likely not mess with CFG files, they will go with the DEFAULT settings that ACES programmed the thing to determine FOR YOU and they will ALL be happy little flyers, just as they have been for many many years, as to why MSFS series has lasted this many years...because us 5% sure aren't going to carry that weight!

Guest YukonPete

Well if you want a DX9 based game stay with FS2004!

>On every new release of FS we get a number of people>complaining about how the simulator is too demanding on PC's.>Well here is a news flash! We will probably not see another>version of FS until 2009. ...>>PeteI just wonder what's coming that will boost performance so much. In the past the speed of CPU's doubled quickly and graphics cards followed. Are 6GHz cpus coming in the next 12 months or would a faster graphics card make that much of a difference? FS-X seems to need at least a 3 fold improvment in frame rates. I held off upgrading waiting for Vista and FS-X to arrive but now I dont see an upgrade helping in the short term, any suggestions?

Guest Len

Hmm- well 95% of the potential FSX users that never heard of AVSIM will likely not mess with CFG files, they will go with the DEFAULT settings that ACES programmed the thing to determine FOR YOU and they will ALL be happy little flyers, just as they have been for many many years,Know they won't. They will have looked at the MS specs which states System Requirements: 1 Ghz machine and 32 mb graphics card. They'll load it up in their P4 1.8 machine with the 32 mb card and they will have thought that they bought a slide show.I tried the defaults on my P4 3.6 Ghz 1 gig ram X800xt 256 PCIe card and what a dogs breath in terms of look and fps. I could not recommend this version to anyone except they have a higher end dual core machine with a higher end (preferably direct x 10 compliant) video card. That's not middle America.

I have a simple solution for you to avoid reading the complaints... PC's power cable out. People are stating their opinions and results on the sim. FSX is very demanding on everyone's hardware. Im glad people are feeding us their results because it's help me decide to not purchase the sim. Seriously, dont waste Tom's bandwith to demand that we stop "complaining." If you dont like it, it's easy to not to come to this forum.

FSX can run on DX9. Just not well. Even though my computer soars past the required minimums, its a slide show. So im glad to have feedback from others to know how the sim performs. Now most of us know not to buy it for a while.