Sign in to follow this  
centenaryman

Some help for Autogen

>It would be nice if somebody from the ACES team saw this and>could put into the first patch a set of sliders for "autogen>variety" as well as density, that would do something similar>to what Matt has done here.>Aye I'd love to have a feature like that built into the sim.

Guest guest123

my framerates are terrible when im at a airport taxing out,will this tree fix solve that?

Guest Redvan

>Just for kicks I tried same thing with autogen roofs. >Replacing Materials.spb and RoofDescription.sbp with the ones>in attached zip will decrease the variety of roofs that show>on autogen buildings....I think. >>Make sure to backup first as I haven't done a lot of testing>with these and I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing :).>>But I'm getting ready to go to bed so thought I'd post to see>if anyone else notices any improvements.>>matttried it, but it caused me to CTD with FSX demo... perhaps it's a demo thing, perhaps not... I dont know...

Guest dswo

>tried it, but it caused me to CTD with FSX demo... perhaps>it's a demo thing, perhaps not... I dont know...Which demo are you using? I tried it on demo #2 (trial version). Works great!

>my framerates are terrible when im at a airport taxing>out,will this tree fix solve that?You probably could have tried it in the time it took you to write this post :)If you have autogen on, it will help, pretty much guaranteed.Matt

Hi MattI had originally removed the 3 default files from the autogen directory and moved them to a new directory outside FSX. I then installed your new files into the FSX autogen directory and as I said I am not seeing any difference. I am going crazy reading all these success threads and finding it is not working for me. I congratulate you on the successs of your new files, I just wish they worked on my computer. Any sugestions would b appreciated.Thanks,Larry

Larry, you changed the original file to a .bak right? and then inserted Matt's new file right? It would have overwritten the original, make sure its backed up. (*.bak extension works perfectly)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi,No, I completely removed the files to a new directory outside of FSX so I would not lose them and then installed matts new files into the FSX autogen directory. since the originals were not there any longer there was no overwrite. Thanks for your replyLarry

Guest henkb

Not too shabby!! Great fix. It greatly enhances the flying experience. Am even able to turn up the other sliders a few notches, so the whole sim looks better AND I have some autogen. Nice!

Excellent work Matt.The natural progression from this of course is for a programmer to write an application with a friendly GUI. Folks could select just how much detail they want, perhaps by telling the app whether you have a low, med or high end PC, and then being given a recommendation which they could customize should they choose.

Guest bfac

Noticable increase in performance and fluidity even on the demo2. Using the default airport as a test, without the fix I was getting 9-16fps, now with the fix 20-28. I've also tweaked the fsx.cfg.Most noticable for me with the autogen fix and the fsx.cfg tweaks is how much smoother the sim works now. In the past I would get minor twitching. My system: AMD64 3200+ 1GB DDR memory, MSI 6600GT 128MB PCIe.

Guest Redvan

didn't realize there was 2 demo's... I'll have to check... how can I tell?

Guest emkramer

That's a good idea. 4 or 5 different levels with screenshots. You'll be famous.Earl

Guest mgreenhalgh

I'm afraid I don't have the retail version yet however this fix worked an absolute treat on Demo 2.I know some/many (not sure which) have said the retail doesn't perform as well as Demo 2 so I'll have to let you know how the full version does, but for my system (2.5Ghz proc, 1GB ram, 256MB GeForce 6600 graphics) I was initially running medium-high everything except traffic which was minimal with between 10 to 20 fps on average.With this fix I was managing with the same settings between 25 and 40 fps on average, and was then able to bump scenery up to ultra-high and get between 15 and 30 fps average. So smooth running (despite what the naysayers have been saying, anything 15fps and above is smooth for my eyes) and ultra high scenery. Thanks for the fix!