Sign in to follow this  
edu2703

Weather Engine for FS2004

Is there any live weather engine available for FS2004 that still works?

I am struggling to find one. Apparently the best known no longer work.

I use Pilots FSGRW (also payware).

But there is also FSRealWX, which has a paywre and downgraded freeware version.

I second FSGRW very nice. It also has custom weather for some airports. Price is a little high but it also works for other sims so maybe if you are a person with other flight sims the price is not so bad. 

Yes, absolutely. As others mentioned FSGRW. I use ASE for personal reasons. But yes, a couple still work and work very well.

Mitch

I recently bought FSGRW. It is pricy indeed. I used FSrealWX for a year but I was too buggy for me. That was the freeware version. I started looking for some advise and most users were positive about FSGRW so I bought it and Im very happy with it. 

It is very easy to use and it injects the local weather without any problems into FS9. The turbulence is very nice and it keeps the fs9 very much alive. 

I would recommend it.

FSGRW for me

But in my network, reaching their server can be tricky, ASv4 is far more easier...

Could anyone confirm if any of the above programs can run with Windows XP?  For example, FSRealWX v3 (not the "Lite" version) is 64 bit and therefore will not run on XP......

FSGRW works on Windows XP SP3, but so far I found it very heavy on system resources and I do not like the UI.

FSRealWX Lite (freeware version) did also work somehow, although the weather in the sim was totally unrealistic at times (170 kts wind...). Since a few days, it doesn't want to download data anymore and therefore is useless.

This doesn't leave many options and I'm glad I downloaded and saved lots of weather data files with GetWeather that I can use today - I just have to select a file of a date close to the actual day to get the right season. The only problem is that I don't know what kind of weather I'll get until I'm in the cockpit, which is kind of disturbing the flight planning process...

Hi:

I'm still using ASE but I want to ask you if these programs offer a worthy alternative to it.

I'm fine with ASE, particularly I find very useful how check your flightplan and give you details of the weather in each waypoint and the avegare speed and direction winds, but I'm curious if there is any alternative to it.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Yep FSGRW gives you the option to load your plan and then you can get all the winds etc. I think you can download and have a look at it although I cannot recall what you can test in the demo state. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/24/2019 at 10:52 PM, lemur said:

Since a few days, it doesn't want to download data anymore and therefore is useless.

After it refused to load weather data for some days indeed, I can confirm that FSRealWX works again.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg