Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3D 4.4x to P3D 4.5x ...a question?

I gather there are subtle differences (improvements) between the two versions of P3D 4...but can anybody highlight the major update difference(s) between the two?  Just wondering for my own understanding of the versions....and thanks!

For me the most significant/important thing is load time. LM also said that there is also an improved terrain night lightning that looks more realistic but I use PTA shaders so I can't confirm that.

• Like 1

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

If you go to the Prepar3d web site you can look down the long list of fixes and improvements and see if any of them relate to any advancement for you to consider. 
bob

Edited by onebob
  • Like 1

The one thing that is evident on my system is the clarity of the photo scenery is much sharper than previous version. I don't even bother ticking HD textures. Faster loading times and sharp textures + maybe more stable.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, onebob said:

If you go to the Prepar3d web site you can look down the long list of fixes and improvements and see if any of them relate to any advancement for you to consider. 
bob

Ok, I'll do that.   There is one thing different...no Progressive Taxi arrow lines available from the ATC menu....or at least in my P3D 4.5, there is no line listing to do that....

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

The one thing that is evident on my system is the clarity of the photo scenery is much sharper than previous version. I don't even bother ticking HD textures. Faster loading times and sharp textures + maybe more stable.

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

I've not noticed through use...that it is much smoother animation...even right down to 10 FPS.  It no longer seems that FPS is the biggie, to smooth animation. It still was with 4.4x