Sign in to follow this  
767lover

hope Asobo can get this xplane 11 feature right

9 hours ago, tweekz said:

Yep, that's one of the limitations of AI autogen. You can only create things out of the info you got. You can't do magic.

4 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Because it can. Its called "inference".

Something like height can easily be inferred from the shadow for example. More importantly "good" AI can infer things you never actually asked it to.

Again - no contradiction.

I appreciate your knwoledge. But you don't have to prove someone wrong just to be right. 😉

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

15 minutes ago, tweekz said:

You can only create things out of the info you got.

Two different things.

Shadows are a good example of why the info exists for height, and why this definitely wont be a problem.

"good" AI can also find inferences that are not part of its parameters, even if it wasn't asked/designed to - for example the use cases of buildings or the structure of underground networks such as subways, that was the whole point of IBMs Watson winning Jeopardy.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Maybe to get this back on track, they have said the Azure AI can identify where buildings and trees should be.  They have said it can even fill in an area that was obscured by a cloud on the satellite photo.  Have they said anything else about what Azure will do in MSFS 2020?

11 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

Maybe to get this back on track, they have said the Azure AI can identify where buildings and trees should be.  They have said it can even fill in an area that was obscured by a cloud on the satellite photo.  Have they said anything else about what Azure will do in MSFS 2020?

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/ai-platform/

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, GlideBy said:

Have they said anything else about what Azure will do in MSFS 2020?

Even they don't know the answer to that question yet.

Its still very much at the what azure could do for MSFS2020 stage, and is the main reason for the NDA (because even things in the alpha now might not make it to production if they are too unreliable, difficult to perfect or can't be made to hit the performance targets on consumer grade hardware)

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

38 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Even they don't know the answer to that question yet.

Asobo doesn't know what they said about what Azure will do in MSFS 2020?  Once again, I simply asked what they SAID.

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

again you said "will do"

I said "will do" because the simulator hasn't shipped yet.  Thus it is future tense.  Read the whole sentence. What is your point?  (Do you think you are adding to the conversation?  I know my last responses haven't, so I apologize to the other forum members.)

Saying they haven't worked out the details tells me nothing, and adds nothing.  It also contradicts when they said they will use it for buildings, tree locations, deciding what to put in areas covered by a cloud in the satellite pic.  So it seems they know some things they will use it for.  Here is where they say it - https://youtu.be/BZL5PCZO8cc?t=241

I think you are trying to say you haven't heard anything else they will use it for.  

Can you stop now, or you want to pick apart this message as well?

Edited by GlideBy

9 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

Thus it is future tense

My last reply if you still cant understand the difference between will and could. Both future tense.

This part of the topic has already been completely done to death here:

Right now it is in alpha testing in order to decide what it can and will use and when. No one, not even Asobo or Microsoft know what will be with regards to azure until that process is complete.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

20 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

Thus it is future tense.  Read the whole sentence. What is your point?

There was absolutely no reason to tell him to read the whole sentence, future tense, and what is your point?  It only encourages another inciting post as one cannot be the loser in the conversation.  This topic is getting close to being locked.

14 minutes ago, mSparks said:

My last reply if you still cant understand the difference between will and could. Both future tense.

This comment was totally unnecessary and one of the reasons why we have to watch every post you post.  I only approved it so I could make this reply.  The following Terms of Service, which everyone is supposed to read and agree to, applies:

Behavior and Your Actions: AVSIM’s goal is to provide an educational and entertainment resource for people with similar interests and a community that is fun to be part of by users from around the world. Your acts and words on AVSIM will not, in any way, infringe upon others enjoyment of the AVSIM site. Any acts of bigotry, profanity, or disregard for what is reasonably considered to be social “norms” will result in suspension or banning entirely. Keep in mind that AVSIM is a multinational and multicultural site, and "norms" vary from country to country. What may be acceptable in your culture / country, may not be acceptable in others. If in doubt, contact AVSIM staff BEFORE you post anything that could be offensive elsewhere. This clause also includes and refers to any material or language that AVSIM Staff consider to be inflammatory and intended to do no more than elicit controversy and division.

AVSIM Moderator's receive a lot of 'Reports' regarding ones behavior on AVSIM and, in most cases, we have only one choice and that is to suspend someone for a few days and then place them into the moderator queue so we can review the post before it is posted.  You can bet comments like the above would not be approved in most cases.  Our membership, including me are having a lot of issues with comments from both of you.  There are some others in this topic that are on the edge.  Please comply with our Terms of Service.  Appreciate everyone's cooperation!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

9 hours ago, GlideBy said:

Hello friend, you might have seen my earlier post in this thread which already mentions this time stamp in the first Discovery Series World video, but I think this is the closest Lionel got to describing how Asobo are utilising Azure Cloud Computing; athough based on the age of the video I am sure the whole team have moved on from this point by now. Certainly an amazing attempted application of technology put to great use for Flight Simulator.

Don’t forget, if you are not in the Alpha, a good way of previewing the 3D data Asobo might be using for the region / city you are in is to simply open Bing maps which will live stream you the latest satellite / 3D building data from Azure, of which Asobo might be using too, direct from Bing Maps servers. 

Edited by poplar

I could be wrong but I think MS will not expose all its AI / machine learning processes to the community. What Asobo mentioned could be the tip of the iceberg as for what the processes are.

As I mentioned in previous posts, MS released a couple of years ago, free footprint data for the US and Canada. Millions of footprints were produced from the Azure AI scans.

So in my humble opinion, MS seems doing one more clever demonstration of its machine learning technology with MSFS as it did with the footprint generation.

No matter what the Azure AI will be asked to fetch as useful data for the procedural world of MSFS, the use of this cutting edge in house technology particulary in the "gaming industry" and for an ambitious project such as a Home PC flight simulator is somehow avant garde in my view.

Now what about the professional flight simulation world. Are they using data from AI processes? Maybe not as the professional flight sims focus on the areas of interests (Airports / nearby city).

So no matter what data is fetched from the use of Azure AI, MSFS will be the tech demo of this in house machine learning capability.

But let's not forget that other classic forms of data like landclass, urban census etc. can be used as well and coupled with the AI data to produce the landscape. Same goes for vegetation in my opinion...

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998