Sign in to follow this  
Toktok

End Of February-Early March Sales

Always appreciate a sale, but on sale the airports are more expensive than non-sale FSDT.  At 40% I'd bite, but 20% just isn't enough to get me fired up.

Best wishes anyway..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Ernest Pergrem

13 hours ago, okupton said:

Agreed. Want to pick up RKSI but i think it’s too expensive at the 20% off

If you're interested in that part of the world it is a very well done airport.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

If you're interested in that part of the world it is a very well done airport.

Only in parts. I bought RKSI in PacSim's Christmas sale and only now tested it at night time. I must say I was appalled by the awful night lighting which reminded me of freeware FSX sceneries, with lots of self-luminous buildings and fairly low-res building textures. For this kind of pricing and all the praise heaped on PacSim in the past, I certainly expected a lot better. It looks decent at day time, just don't dare flying there at night if you don't want to feel annoyed.

Edited by FWAviation
  • Like 1

Actually, I was quite pleased by it. If you've got a problem with it why not contact the company directly with suggestions for improvement?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FWAviation said:

Only in parts. I bought RKSI in PacSim's Christmas sale and only now tested it at night time. I must say I was appalled by the awful night lighting which reminded me of freeware FSX sceneries, with lots of self-luminous buildings and fairly low-res building textures. For this kind of pricing and all the praise heaped on PacSim in the past, I certainly expected a lot better. It looks decent at day time, just don't dare flying there at night if you don't want to feel annoyed.

Appreciated the feedback. Don't know exactly which building textures you are referring to that has self illumination. With dynamic lighting activated, buildings that are close to or are part of DL coverage will illuminate. If you care to look at the RKSI texture folder, most building textures and (custom) ground are 2048x2. "FSX freeware sceneries" are no where close to 2048x2 sharpness in comparison. I have yet to receive feedback from users since product release on July 4, 2019 with that complaint, so I'd prefer you get in touch to show me exactly where the low res textures and "self-luminous" buildings are in the product.

BTW, if you haven't yet, you can download hot-fixes at the product page here: https://islandsim.com/incheon-intl---p3dv41.html

• Like 2

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

In 2018 I bought an earlier Pacific island airport originally designed for FSX but now advertised as P3Dv4 compatible. And it mostly is except aircraft shadows on runway and taxiways are wrong. You either accept it or turn shadows off. I do not think this will ever be fixed.

Steve P.

Dell Precision T3610, Windows 7 x64 + Windows XP x32 (dual boot)
Intel Xeon Processor ES-1620 v2, 4 core, 3.70 GHz
8GD DDR3-1600 
Nvidia GTX 960,  Dell U3011 (3560 x 1600 px) + Asus Pa245Q (1929 x 1200px)
FSX Acceleration

I agree with FWaviation   I just bought the Marshall Islands  & the night time lighting on some of the buildings isn't great.  Would be great if this could be worked on some more, such a great location to fly into !

I agree with FWaviation   I just bought the Marshall Islands  & the night time lighting on some of the buildings isn't great.  Would be great if this could be worked on some more, such a great location to fly into !

@Toktok Sorry for replying late, but here is some proof for the self-illuminated buildings around RKSI at night. You can see that all buildings (including those in the background) are completely lit, including even their roofs - which is highly unrealistic, especially when using dynamic lighting. Please note that for all screenshots, I switched off all lights in and on my helicopter in order to not distract from the original lighting of the scenery.

Picture 1

I also don't think that the control tower that can be seen in the following picture should be lit top to bottom. You can also note the entirely lit roofs and walls of the terminal and the buildings in the background. Only a few walls of the buildings in the background appear a bit darker. The darker area on the terminal's roof originates from the helicopter's rotorblade.

Picture 2

And here are two pictures showing the pretty low resolution of textures, those letters look pretty pixelated (please zoom in to get a clearer picture).

Picture 3

Picture 4

Please also note that I installed the dynamic lighting hotfix available for RKSI on your website and I also followed your instruction to increase the MAX_POINT_LIGHTS and MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS numbers in the Prepar3D.cfg file. I have also not switched on the 2D lighting in the RKSI scenery configurator. Still, that lighting does not really look dynamic to me and as I said, at this price point, I expect buildings not to be self-illuminated like back in the old FSX days. Thank you also to @fofs for confirming the issue from your own experience.

Edited by FWAviation
  • Upvote 1