Sign in to follow this  
ORN

Can we please have a FS9 forum.

Hi,I think it is once again time for this request. I mean, it is impossible to find and read something useful regarding FS9 with all FSX "hysteria". :-)As I understand, FS9 and FSX are so different that we easily now can realise the fact that simmers will be divided into two groups. Just take a look at "the other sides" forums. Even the Fs2002 forum is still very alive there. Not to talk about the FS9 forum.;-)So,..isn

Staffan

Guest dandan2005

I also agree that there should be a seperate forum, as its now pretty clear that a sizeable percentage of simmers will stick to FS9.

I start to see a trend here, that many simmers feel more or less forced to get the latest sim just to feel part of the community. If "reading between the lines" in many posts, you can see a "get the latest FS, or you are not in this community" attitude. And that is certainly not how it should be.Simmers should feel that they are very much active in this community, regardless of which sim version they have. I don

Staffan

Yes I also agree we should have an FS2004 ForumStelios

Stelios Christofides

Guest dpc

I have FSX retail and am here at this forum every day looking for FSX info. However, I have to agree with Staffan. I think more than any release previously, you are going to have far more "previous version users." This is the first time I've had a fairly powerful machine at the time of release. If mine were any lower I would probably be an unhappy camper with FSX and would be staying strictly with FS9 for the foreseeable future. I AM happy with FSX and I'm still going to have FS9 for the foreseeable future. The two versions are different enough to warrant two different resources areas. Just my 2 cents.Dave

Well, I'll certainly add my two cents ( AGAIN ) and vote for an FS9 forum but I really get the feeling for the first time that there is something else going on here. Yeah my wife thinks I'm paranoid too !! JimBob"Master of the Sr. Moment"

I'll throw in my vote as well. FS9 will be around in a major way allot longer than FS2k2 was when FS2k4 came out. There are just too many people who are willing to hold out on FSX until issues are fixed and the future growth potential is fully realized. FS9 is shaping up to be the only version in FS history to supersede a newer version with many simmers. I mean we've seen this many time before but on a much smaller scale. I'm sure there's someone out there somewhere still using FS98. That can't be compared to what

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest cimanera

I add my vote for a FS9 forum.FS9 (and its add-ons)was/is a spectacular achievement and a great success. Although I have FSX, FS9 will be on my herd drive for a long time to come. I know a lot to simmers feel this way. A separate forum should be considered.

Add my vote too, all this FSX stuff is totally swamping FS9 issues and there are going to be many many FS9 users for quite some time to come.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest davidvoogd

I'm leaning towards using FSX over FS9, but I'd also like to see separated forums, more organized that way.

Guest PDX Bailey

Can anyone come up with a good idea of why not to have a separate forum?A separate forum would provide a requested service to the AVSIM community users.

Hello,I've been flying flight simulator since the days of "Microsoft Flight Simulator For Tandy 1000, 1200HD, and 2000". I cannot believe its been 20+ years.Well, to the point of my post. This is going to be the first time in 20+ years that I do not run out and get the latest Flight Simulator version on the day it is released. My reason, I am not upgrading my computer again just to run FSX, my system specs are listed below (fairly new system), since my current system (which is dedicated for FS only) will give my unacceptable performance within the FSX environment and the fact that I will not be able to run Level-D and all the other outstanding aircraft I have purchased in the past, I am passing on this latest upgrade, at least for the time being.I hope that AVSIM creates a dedicated FS9 forum so that users such as myself that are not going to upgrade to FSX at this time have a forum. A forum where I do not have to search through all the FSX topics just to find items that pertain to FS9.Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest rpjkw1155

I agree. I'd like a separate forum for FS2004, even though I enjoy the FSX posts, too. Bob