Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Be optimistic !

There are reasons to be optimistic. This crisis will have taught us, at last,  to properly wash our hands ! On a side note, who said  that twitter was useless ? So here we go, how to wash your hands 😉

• Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

A lady on Twitter adapts some WW2 posters to the CV-19 crisis 😁

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It wouldn't be an Internet thread if there was no cat in it, right  @HiFlyer ?

Our cat, obviously ill -informed on the present situation, rediscovered a favorite night game of her. Shredding toilet paper to bits 😋 !  

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Don't know about you lot, but I find myself listening to Ian Dury and the Blockheads quite a lot 😀

Cheers

Mallard

PS - thanks Dominique for setting up this thread!

• Like 2

Dominique

On 3/21/2020 at 10:07 AM, Mallard said:

PS - thanks Dominique for setting up this thread!

Thank you. As I said in another thread, we need to mock our fears and the wretched virus and share moments of laugh, music. What keeps us stronger.  

Dominique

Well, there was a sunrise this morning, so the Earth has not stopped spinning upon its axis.  There may be treatments available soon, assuming the FDA does not resume dragging its feet.  Since it is known that those who survive an infection develop antibodies, there is every reason to believe that a vaccine will be developed.  As more people recover from infections and have immunity, we will develop what is referred to as "herd immunity".  And it seems than no one remembers the H1N1 pandemic of 2009.  It spread fast, infected more than Covid-19 and killed more than Covid-19.  I have every reason to believe that mankind is going to survive and we will end up stronger.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

3 hours ago, stans said:

assuming the FDA does not resume dragging its feet.

Your suggesting releasing a Pharmaceutical without proper testing that may do more harm than good?

@stans @Adrian123

Please guys this is not a "serious " thread, rather it is to bring funny tweets, memes, vids, cartoons about the pandemic, our fears, hopes etc. Use another thread for your discussion. Thanks in advance

Dominique

On 3/21/2020 at 10:07 PM, Mallard said:

Don't know about you lot, but I find myself listening to Ian Dury and the Blockheads quite a lot 😀

I was as well, I introduced him to my staff because a Polio Survivor that goes on to become a great rock star certainly gives some perspective on things 😎

Matthew Kane

It's official, I am about to go crazy, but stay tuned we are allowed a day of travel tomorrow so I will go retrieve my Record Player and Records from work and get some Beer on the way home and ride this thing out. Best way to deal with this situation is some Electric Light Orchestra on vinyl and pretend like its 1977 😀

Everyone else check in with your state of affairs if you need to, we are all here together 😎

Edit: Oh yea forgot to add:

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

Thanks to COVID-19 here are the unofficially leaked results for all of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics: all the gold medalists will be at least two meters ahead of all the silver medalists who will themselves be at least two meters ahead of the bronze medalists. All equestrian events will be canceled, of course.   

• Like 3

Since the 'Outbreak' my wife now stays 2 metres from me. Which is nice that 'these difficult times©' have brought us closer together. 😍

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Wow! You are so so lucky! I'm so gorgeous that women still can`t keep their hands off of me. Oh women are gonna be the death of me this time. 

ET0E3dGWsAMWbW2

Dominique