Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Be optimistic !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals -

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just Flight Beta Tester

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 1x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1000GB / 5 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity each / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

ETU-_zMU0AUDOdC

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals -

Looks like there will be too much time for many of us. Maybe some new addons during these times?😉

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

My rig: ASUS TUF FX504GD (Intel i5 8300H @ 2.8-4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR4-2666 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050 2 GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD+256 GB 1 TB SATA III SSD as storage, Windows 10 Home)

Saitek X-52 as primary controller. Xbox 360 wired and eDimensional G-Pad Pro wired controllers as standby/travel.

Finally moved to P3D4.5. Also running FSX-SE, FS9 and XP11 Vulkan. Tried MSFS2020, but my rig isn't up to the task. What do I do with 4 sims now?

Keep them coming!

747-400 captain. 

Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

phHdaI.jpg

• Like 4

Just Flight Beta Tester

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 1x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1000GB / 5 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity each / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Here is Mel Brooks today, seems fitting:

Matthew Kane

Back by popular demand.

• Upvote 2

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Posted (edited)

Back during the SARS epidemic Toronto was hit particularly hard with the travel ban. Therefore at the end of it Toronto hosted SARSstock as a fundraiser hosted by the Rolling Stones which had an estimated 450,000 to 500,000 people in attendance, which goes to show eventually you do have to get out of the house and get people together. The crazy thing about that day was Justin Timberlake was supposed to perform to an audience that was there to see AC-DC, Rush, The Guess Who, the Rolling Stones....etc. lets just say not his audience. WHen he went up to perform 400,000 people threw water bottles at him and he had to leave the stage, poor guy just wanted to help. 

Anyhow Mick Jagger wasn't happy about it so for the last song of the night he sang Miss You with Justin Timberlake, even around 4:50 in this clip you can see a few people still throwing water bottles and Keith Richards sticking up for him. I was living in Toronto at this time and all I remember was a lot of people saying over the next week 'I never really liked that Justin but to be honest that kids got B___' I think he earned a lot of respect from rockers that day.

Here is a clip from that day, I am hoping for a repeat with a CoronaFestival as the SARSstock was a great idea:

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

“Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.”―Noam Chomsky

"Try to smile. Then try to help..... Ok, forget the smiling thing....." (HiFlyer speaking to his cat)

LjSIGE.jpg

XjYJgH.jpg

• Like 3

Just Flight Beta Tester

Devons rig

Open-source project spins up 3D-printed ventilator validation prototype in just one week

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/19/open-source-project-spins-up-3d-printed-ventilator-validation-prototype-in-just-one-week/

• Like 1

Just Flight Beta Tester

Devons rig