Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Take a look at those gems - C47 and DC3

44 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

LOL my second attempt ended up hurdling the plane into orbit! This is really bad!

Do You have TacPack?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

No I do not. I had to reset the sim three times. And the third time my yoke did not initialize properly from having to restart so many times I guess (finally got it started but couldn't control argh!), so the fourth try was a charm. It does fly very nicely once you are able to get the thing going.

Edited by JasonPC

Review is currently uploading but is taking a while because youtube is currently limiting upload bandwidth at the moment as a result of the traffic it is receiving during the CVD-19 incident, and the review file is 5.5Gb in size since it is a long review - one and a half hours in length - including a history of the DC-3's development as well as lots of comparisons with modeling, detail and textures etc on other stuff including the Manfred Jahn/Jan visser DC-3/C-47 and the Just Flight Legends of flight DC-3/C-47 as well as a good look at the Aeroplane Heaven version and what it features. The present issues with the Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 and C-47 are also covered, including a workaround for it. and you get a silly song or two from me as well!

Incidentally, the reason I made the review quite long is so that everyone stuck at home would have something to watch to help pass the time if they were twiddling their thumbs a bit.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Lol, premier it Alan, I’m looking forward to it.

i enjoy your vids, your a nutter , a comedian, a musition, but very informative all at the same time 😁

Luke Pype

9 hours ago, Chock said:

Incidentally, the reason I made the review quite long is so that everyone stuck at home would have something to watch to help pass the time if they were twiddling their thumbs a bit

Stuck at home?. Are you serious?.

Please YouTube guys allow this fellow to post its video. Lot of us are waiting for it, at home!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Review is taking forever to upload unfortunately, owing to the Youtube bandwidth limitation, currently at 14 percent uploaded. It's coming, eventually...

Alan Bradbury

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

Review is taking forever to upload unfortunately, owing to the Youtube bandwidth limitation, currently at 14 percent uploaded. It's coming, eventually...

I don't think there's a bandwidth limitation on uploads. I just uploaded a 3.3GB video in 7 minutes. Sure it's not on your end?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

On 4/9/2020 at 7:57 PM, JasonPC said:

LOL my second attempt ended up hurdling the plane into orbit! This is really bad!

I checked it. Noticed the same when I hit Magnetos to Both (but not always). I wrote to AH about this.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

I don't think there's a bandwidth limitation on uploads. I just uploaded a 3.3GB video in 7 minutes. Sure it's not on your end?

Youtube sent me an email saying that there would be in the UK. It has currently got about an hour left to go on the upload and seems to be picking up speed at the moment. 

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Ta Da! Finally uploaded review. Actual comparison between this and the Manfred Jahn and Just Flight DC3s starts 12 minutes in, but that does mean you'll miss the fun intro if you fast-forward to that bit!

Here ya go peeps:

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Ta Da! Finally uploaded review. ....

Nice intro.... but its 1h video omg :biggrin:, I'll watch it later.    

On 4/9/2020 at 7:57 PM, JasonPC said:

Maybe its this, I'll try it:  

On 4/5/2020 at 7:52 PM, yosss said:

Stated at page 11 in the included manual. Make sure the landing gear lever is down, and latched before engine start 😊

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

50 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Maybe its this, I'll try it:  

No, the same (DC-3). If I touch magnetos (BOTH position) I will start to orbit and I shoot like a rocket into space. SP is needed ;D. Gear handle is down, blockade on latched position, parking brake on. I havent idea.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Great video review, gave it a Like, which I rarely do. You are right about the more refined modeling  of the AH version, also the comment that PBR isn't the be all and end all of things. Texturewise, I am not 100 percent sure - as apparently you don't have the latest native 4.5 PBR mjahn version with Tufun's 4096 textures, which he spent months counting and creating? (Search Sim Outhouse Library under 'KN660'). In that respect your review is not really an "actual comparison" of the two. I would also recommend the Outhouse  thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/119098-Aeroplane-Heaven-C-47-DC-3-is-out! which makes some interesting points re texture artefacts (cp. your 41:26) and undercarriage, and some have expressed some misgivings as to whether it is really a good idea to open the 'hamburger door' in order to start an engine, even if only the right one. Think of the guy who has to close the door after #2 has started up. But admittedly these are all things that can and probably will be rectified.  

@ Chock, I watched video, why You did for comparison the old model of Manfred? 😉 The last his version is from November 2019, dedicated for P3Dv4.5: 

In his new model - P3D v4.5 Douglas C47: 

- Complete standalone package with new models and weathered 4096 PBR textures based on Ted (Tufun) Wolfgang's rivets layers in Douglas C-47 

- P3D v4.4 and 4.5 PBR compatible only.

- A2A rain effect.

It wasnt fair ... :biggrin: , like comparison of some of model Honda 2020 to Toyota 2002.

Mine (of Manfred) looks different than yours;

7BdgudM.jpg

3CwzBvI.jpg

R8jU8l8.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

You will note that in my review, I said (several times) that people should download the Manfred Jahn DC3 to check it out for themselves since it is free. And if they do that and find the one you have, then they can make a judgement based on that.

It's got nothing to do with not being fair, it's to do with the fact that the one I used in my review was the one I found when I did a search for it, simple as that. If there is a fancier one, then great, but it's not what I found when I did a search for it, so maybe they should have a bit better SEO if that's the case.

I also did not compare it to the Heinz XPlane one, nor the MAAM one either, because there is a limit to what can be done of course and whilst a comparison is of interest, the main point was to look at the product under review, since that is the one which people would have to pay for in order to see, whereas anything which is free and is out there is not under any such limitations.  Yes it is unfortunate that my search did not tip up the fancier one you have, and had that been the case I most certainly would have done so, but if I couldn't find it when I specifically did a search for it, and the one I used is the one I did find, then that's not really my fault is it? That's down to its publicity. And yes I agree, it does look nice.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury