Sign in to follow this  
jmp308

KLAX Rwys 06 and 07 Not in FSX List Anymore

Sorry, but couldn't find this in searches: I just noticed that the 06 and 07 runways are not in my FSX dropdown anymore. The only addon I have is Ray Smith's 2019 LAX scenery.Does anyone know what I might have done to hide them?

Thanks in advance! Stay safe, sane and healthy!!

Joe Purpura

When you say drop-down, are you referring to those runways as a starting position?  Have you tried changing the wind position and see if it is given as a runway choice?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sorry, Charlie, I should have been clearer:  from Free Flight go to KLAX and there are runway starting positions regardless of weather, and all eight LAX runways used to be there. Now it's just 24 L/R and 25 L/R.

Thanks,

Joe.

• Like 1

Joe, for what it's worth I opened up a Ray Smith KLAX in Scruffyduck's Airport Design Editor and it didn't have the red circles at the start of 06 and 07. When I opened up another KLAX scenery KLAX photoreal V.3 by Glenn Johnson, 06 and 07 had the red start circles present.

HOWEVER, Glenn's airport did include an option for having 06 and 07 closed...

Not sure why you'd want them closed. I mean sometimes the weather would dictate that you'd be using them to land into wind. (Santa Ana winds)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks, Mark.

Regarding Glenn's scenery, do you know if the closed option for 6 and 7 take them out of the FSX listing of available runways?   I ask because I had his scenery installed but did not select the closed option then uninstalled it, so I'm wondering if maybe my uninstall somehow tagged 6/7 as closed.

1 hour ago, jmp308 said:

so I'm wondering if maybe my uninstall somehow tagged 6/7 as closed.

Not possible. The AFACD by Ray just simply does not have the red circle start points in it which is why they are not listed in the FSX menu as starting locations. You can open the AFCAD with ADE, add the start points, recompile it and replace it with the one you have installed. No more than a few minutes of work.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Charlie, Mark and cmpbellsjc,

Thanks for all of your expert guidance. I downloaded ADE, and, as mentioned, easily added the start points to the LAX 6's and 7's only to find that my FSX doesn't have the bgl compiler--a rookie mistake on my part!  But I did save the airport and will upgrade to FSX Gold then compile.

Thanks again!

Joe

I use Ray's KLAX (2019).  I have 06R/06L and 07R/07L showing up.  Just to make sure you have both Ray's .bgls in your Addon Scenery folder: (KLAX_RS.BGL and KLAX_RS_CVX.BGL).

Chris

On 4/11/2020 at 6:39 AM, jmp308 said:

..my FSX doesn't have the bgl compiler--a rookie mistake on my part!..

You can download the P3D SDK and have ADE point to those folders for the appropriate files..  Prepar3D SDK 1.4.4747.0 is the one I have, but I believe the V3 SDK is the current one which works with FSX..

https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/

scroll down and look for the V3 link..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)