Sign in to follow this  
Raller

Flightnumber will be ignored by P3Dv4.5

When I set (together with the airline) a flightnumber within the aircraft.cfg, e.g
atc_airline = Lufthansa
atc_flight_number = 123

this will be ignored by P3Dv4.5. I load the ailplane and the airline is taken over, but the flightnumber is 0.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

Neither, you're changing the wrong variable...

P3Dv4 loads the flight number from the state.cfg file that it keeps in %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\SimObjects

Change (or add) atc_flight_number=123 under the required FltSim.x entry and Bob's your fathers brother...

too bad V5 won't give us the ability to have a check/uncheck box to completely deactivate any native ATC.  Every now and then on vatsim I'll have a looping p3d ATIS annoying me in the background.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

You should be able to do that in the aircraft.cfg file.  Can you take a screenshot from inside P3D at the aircraft selection screen with the one you want to fly selected?  Is this with all aircraft?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

@iwebber  thx, i will try that.

I can remember that back in P3D it always worked with the "atc_flight_number=" variable. But for a long time now, the flight number has always been 0, no matter what aircraft.

The SDK says:
"The ATC system will use this number as part of the aircrafts callsign. ATC will treat this aircraft as an airliner when this is used in conjunction with atc_airline."

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

@iwebber  The flight number is stored in the state file indeed, but this is done by P3D. For example, if I manually assign the flight number when loading the aircraft, then this is stored in this file as part of the "aircraft state".

But changing the file by myself is the wrong way IMO, because it is "maintained" by P3D and is always adjusted by P3D and is nothing permanent.

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

too bad V5 won't give us the ability to have a check/uncheck box to completely deactivate any native ATC.  Every now and then on vatsim I'll have a looping p3d ATIS annoying me in the background.  

Just change the ATC volume to Zero and you are done.

S.

Okay, now I know what went wrong:
If you didn't have an assignment in the aircraft.cfg at the beginning, P3D sets a 0. When I load the airplane this way, the state-file will contain this 0.

Now I change the aircraft.cfg afterwards and set a flight number. But when I load the plane, P3D takes the state from the state-file, and there is 0 in it!

So the tip with the "state-file" brought the solution. When the state file is emptied, it also takes my changes from the aircraft.cfg. Makes sense...

Edited by Raller

1 hour ago, Raller said:

But changing the file by myself is the wrong way IMO, because it is "maintained" by P3D and is always adjusted by P3D and is nothing permanent.

Wrong way or not it's the only way that works if you want to change the flight number from outside P3D.

1 hour ago, Raller said:

So the tip with the "state-file" brought the solution.

It *IS* the solution 😄

3 hours ago, simbol said:

Just change the ATC volume to Zero and you are done.

S.

already do that.  But once every 50 flights or so there is an errant atis.  I believe at CYQB it happens also

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next