Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

Stutters

Anyone with V5 noticing stutters?   I'm getting many.

Smooth as butter for me running higher settings than in v4 however obviously most addons aren’t working or enabled yet. I did load some airport sceneries that kind of worked and although they had a few rendering issues performance was still good.

The true test will be with a weather engine, heavy aircraft addons, AI aircraft, and detailed airports with PBR and I just don’t have any of those working yet.

• Like 1

I just triedV5 with refresh set at 30hz, used nvida to set fps at 30 and departed of from KMRY using orbx addon.  Again, a stuttering mess.  Never had this stuttering in V4.5.  Settings with V5 are the same as those I used in V4.5.  The stuttering destroys the immersion.  I guess I can return this software. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Smooth as anything for me. Haven’t messed around with anything outside of P3D, just using its settings only.

set settings at nothing too ridiculous and looks great!

will see what happens/changes when FSL releases their bus and active sky release their update 

Edited by flightskyc

More smooth than ever here.  G-Sync Monitor, VSync on in NVIDIA Control Panel, off in P3Dv5.  Frames capped at 30 in sim.  GTX 1070, i7 6700K.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Greg073 said:

More smooth than ever here.  G-Sync Monitor, VSync on in NVIDIA Control Panel, off in P3Dv5.  Frames capped at 30 in sim.  GTX 1070, i7 6700K.

So, you have G-sync disabled? 

Initially I didn't get any stutters, but then I got out and in (shut down and restarted) P3Dv5 some times and experienced a whole lot of stutters. I found that rebooting the system and running P3Dv5 again solved this problem.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

12 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, you have G-sync disabled? 

No, I have it enabled.  With the way I have it set up, my monitor stays on a steady 90 hz.  30 fps never deviates (it's steady) and the 90 hz never moves.  It's perfect for me.  I'm sorry to hear that people are experiencing problems.  The real test will be when I get AI and the PMDG loaded in.  That's the only thing I'm nervous about.  I just loaded up Cologne-Bonn from Aerosoft.  That used to murder my system.  Now I have the dynamic lighting on High inside its configurator and it's great!!!

From where i stand today, the performance alone was worth my $60 admission.

54 minutes ago, Greg073 said:

If you have blocked FPS that why you need G-Sync monitor? Next v sync on? Its an again incomprehension both technology. And final blocked FPS on level 30 (!). Oh, no! What a mess ;).

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, YoYo said:

If you have blocked FPS that why you need G-Sync monitor? Next v sync on? Its an again incomprehension both technology. And final blocked FPS. Oh, no! What a mess ;).

Exactly, the whole point in G-Sync is that you don’t need to bother limiting FPS or old v-sync stuff..... and it works brilliantly in most applications. In fact, P3D is the first one I’ve encountered that doesn’t work correctly with it. 

1 hour ago, gpf3m said:

Anyone with V5 noticing stutters?   I'm getting many.

Another poster said, try locking your FPS to 30.  Reboot your system, fire up v5 and see that help to eliminate them, or at the least, greatly reduce what you are experiencing.

7 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Exactly, the whole point in G-Sync is that you don’t need to bother limiting FPS or old v-sync stuff..... and it works brilliantly in most applications. In fact, P3D is the first one I’ve encountered that doesn’t work correctly with it. 

Its possible, set up in nV drivers full screen plus windowed mode, in P3D Alt+Enter and viola. G-sync did rest of job :). Blocked FPS at your Refresh rate.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, YoYo said:

Its possible, set up in nV drivers full screen plus windowed mode, in P3D Alt+Enter and viola. G-sync did rest of job :). Blocked FPS at your Refresh rate.

All ready tried. I have g-sync setup for full screen and windowed mode. 
it’s like the ground is skipping. 

I also have had significant stutters that were never present in 4.5 using the same settings. 

I've tried deleting the shaders in the Appdata/local folder. I've tried various settings and even turned down graphical settings to close to nothing and nothing seems to work. Curious to see progress in this area since I am not the only one. 

• Like 1