Sign in to follow this  
matthewpow

FSUIPC 6 and Linda

Now working! Fsuipc was somehow not registered. Thanks for the great and fast support!

On 4/19/2020 at 3:42 AM, ScotFlieger said:

I am pleased to report that an initial release of LINDA 3.2.0 is now available for P3Dv5 and FSUIPC6 6.0.2.

Be careful to follow the installation instructions in the release notes.

Hi Andrew

You might want to mention in the install instructions that not only can/should you copy over your previous aircraft files to maintain your work you should also copy over your custom user.lua file if you have created one. I'm sure most people who are capable enough to build their own user files would figure this out but I missed it at first, also I copied over the settings. 

Thanks again all works well !

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

I have P3Dv4.5 & v5 installed side by side, and have both FSUIPC5 & FSUIPC6 installed.

FSUIPC5 is only installed/configured for 4.5, installed in modules, with Linda 3.0.12 & Aerosoft Airbus config, and this works

FSUIPC6 is installed outside of P3Dv5 and only configured for P3Dv5. I have installed Linda 3.2.0 in the FSUIPC add-on dir, plus the same Aerosoft Airbus config.
My FSUIPC5 config file was copied over and renamed in the FSUIPC6 dir, so VRInsight comm port config is all the same.

Linda loads and loads up the Airbus config, but the VRInsight panel default text doesnt change, indicating that there is some sort of comms issue

P3Dv5 installed into D:\P3Dv5\Prepar3D v5
FSUIPC6 & Linda installed into D:\P3D-COMMON\Utils\FSUIPC6
D:\P3D-COMMON\Utils\FSUIPC6\linda-cfg\system\config-sys.lua does exist

The following errors show up in FSUIPC LUA logs:

106046 LUA.0: beginning "D:\P3D-COMMON\Utils\FSUIPC6\ipcReady.lua"
   106156 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] *********************** STARTING LINDA ***********************
   106171 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] Loading System Configuration files
   106187 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] Loading linda-cfg/system/config-sys
   106187 *** LUA Error: D:\P3D-COMMON\Utils\FSUIPC6\linda.lua:373: module 'linda-cfg/system/config-sys' not found:
    no field package.preload['linda-cfg/system/config-sys']linda-cfg/system/config-sys
    no file 'D:\P3Dv5\Prepar3D v5\modules\linda-cfg/system/config-sys.lua'
    no file 'D:\P3Dv5\Prepar3D v5\modules\linda-cfg/system/config-sys\init.lua'
    no file 'D:\P3Dv5\Prepar3D v5\modules\lua\linda-cfg/system/config-sys.lua'
    no file 'D:\P3Dv5\Prepar3D v5\modules\lua\linda-cfg/system/config-sys\init.lua'
    no file 'D:\P3Dv5\Prepar3D v5\modules\lua\linda-cfg/system/config-sys.dll'
    no file 'D:\P3Dv5\Prepar3D v5\modules\lua\loadall.dll'
   107328 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

Edited by c912039

@c912039 

First of all you only need to download LINDA 3.2.0 which has been specially released for FSUIPC6. Older versions are not compatible with FSUIPC6.

Second, you have used an unusual location to install FSUIPC5. This would normally be in /users/{your name}/documents/prepar3d v5 add-ons/FSUIPC6 or /P3Dv5/modules. I am unsure whether your unique installation location will work. You will need to try it. LINDA 3.2.0 needs be installed in the same directory as per the release notes.

Thirdly, you can copy your existing /linda/aircrafts and Linda-cfg/aircrafts modules and configurations into the same folders in the new FSUIPC6 location. Finally, with FSUIPC6 release you do not need a separate installation of FSUIPC5. This should be uninstalled. FSUIPC6 is designed to work with both versions of P3D. You also only need one installation of LINDA.

EDIT: For the /FSUIPC6 installation to work it must be in the /prepar3d v5 add-ons/fsuipc6 directory and have an add-on.xml file to allow it to work with P3Dv5. A /FSUIPC6 directory is also added to the /prepar3d v4 add-ons directory with its own add-on.xml file pointing to the main FSUIPC6 location.

Edited by ScotFlieger
Additional information

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Andrew,

prior to installing P3Dv5, this was my setup

P3DV4 - D:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D v4
FSUIPC5 - D:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D v4\modules
LINDA 3.0.12 - D:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D v4\modules
with Airbus configs stored in LINDA 3.0.12 - D:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D v4\modules

Without uninstalling any of the above, I installed the following

P3DV5 - D:\P3Dv5\Prepar3D v5
FSUIPC6  - D:\P3D-COMMON\Utils\FSUIPC6
LINDA 3.2.0 - D:\P3D-COMMON\Utils\FSUIPC6
with Airbus configs stored for in LINDA 3.2.0 - D:\P3D-COMMON\Utils\FSUIPC6

FSUIPC6 was installed for P3Dv6 ONLY

Therefore setup/configs for P3D/FSUIPC for v4.5 and v5 are separate and should not conflict each other in any way.

Running FSUIPC6 out of any directory should work, as long as the module config in the add-on.xml is set up correctly.
FSUIPC6 is definitely running in P3Dv5 when installed in D:\P3D-COMMON\Utils\FSUIPC6. I am able to bring up the config dialog
and configure the joystick axis ion FSUIPC6 for each aircraft.  The FSUIPC6 log doesnt show any other issue, other than the
linda-cfg/system/config-sys.lua file not being found (not sure if that is Linda or FSUIPC6 that is having trouble finding those files)

Ive just checked and noticed an update to FSUIPC6 version and spied a reference to fixing up some LUA paths, so I will upgrade
to 6.0.3 FSUIPC and see if that solves the path issue.

Regards

Upgrading to FSUIPC6.0.3 seems to have fixed the path issue, although Linda still seems to be referring to FSUIPC v6.000 on the main config screen.
Checking the FSUIPC6 DLL does show it it is actually v6.0.3.0 of FSUIPC6

So my path problem has been fixed with the latest FSUIPC6.

Thanks

Sorry I did not mention that FSUIPC6 6.0.1 or later was required. This implemented a fix to address the errors like you reported.

The 6.000 displayed by LINDA is a problem with FSUIPC6. This is fixed in the latest beta I am testing.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

FSUIPC 6.0.4 has been released. This includes changes to ensure that all FSUIPC6 and LINDA tasks are fully closed when using the VRi Combo Panels. P3D shutdown takes about 60 seconds to complete. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have LINDA 3.2.0 and FSUIPC (registered) in the FSUIPC6 folder in the P3d 5 add-ons folder.  I believe that means it should work in P3d v4.5. When I start LINDA and try to sync it to the sim, the flt sim/FSUIPC configs says the FSUIPC files not found.  Not sure what is wrong.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob_Z said:

I have LINDA 3.2.0 and FSUIPC (registered) in the FSUIPC6 folder in the P3d 5 add-ons folder.  I believe that means it should work in P3d v4.5. When I start LINDA and try to sync it to the sim, the flt sim/FSUIPC configs says the FSUIPC files not found.  Not sure what is wrong.

When installing FSUIPC6 did you tick both v4 and v5 install options? If not try uninstalling and reinstalling. The latest version is 6.0.4. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

@Bob_Z I need you ask you to follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure and to email me your logs. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Sorry, got that late last night.  Will email shortly.

Bob Zolto

@Bob_Z I have received your email and files. Fsuipc6.log should be present if you have started P3Dv5. Check that FSUIPC6 appears in the add-ons menu (top right) in P3D. If not go to the options menu/add-ons and activate it.

If FSUIPC6 has not started this would explain your problem and is what LINDA is reporting (FSUIPC files not found).

Within your documents /prepar3d v5 add-ons/FSUIPC6 you should find FSUIPC6 files (fsuipc6.dll, .ini, etc) and Linda.exe, ipcReady.lua, Linda.lua and the 2 folders /Linda and /Linda-cfg.lua. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I didn't mention I was running P3d v4.5.  Started v5.  FSIPC is in the add-ons in the sim. There is an FSUIPC.ini and an xml.dll in the documents v5 add-ons.  I've sent the LINDA2.log, but still no FSUIPx.log.

Bob Zolto