Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

First P3Dv5 aircraft available from JustFlight !

It seems the prize to the first aircraft developer to provide Prepar3D v5 installers goes to JustFlight !

Just figured out all my JustFlight aircraft have been updated for v5.

Finally we have something official to fly 🙂

Thank you JustFlight!

g24UsQq.jpg

Edited by ComSimPilot
  • Like 2

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Can you be more specific?

Edit nevermind, I see now they have a v5 area in their store, thanks for the heads up!

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

Can you be more specific?

If you have P3Dv4 aircraft purchased from JustFlight, if you re-download them they can natively be installed in P3Dv5. In other words the installers support P3Dv5 now. 

Edited by ComSimPilot
  • Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

Found that out too earlier today, I was just going to point to the V5 directory and see if they worked but no need too 😄

Been flying around the mach loop in the hawk 4YxpyFs.png

GOTZpby.png

• Like 3

Liam Carbin

First report, It's a bliss...

I'm speechless. Never before I had this feeling of visual pleasure and butter smooth feeling of actually flying. It's never been so good before. You can finally feel how smooth is to fly an airplane. 

Exciting P3Dv5 GA weekend ahead! 

Edited by ComSimPilot
  • Like 2

Good on JustFlight for being so quick to update.

To clarify the situation, whilst many GA and military aircraft are updated, the airliners are not yet sorted.

I have the Hawk, TB10/20, Turbo Arrow and Canberra installed. What I'd really like is some sort of airliner, as that's what's really missing from the sim (whilst it's good to have the GA back, the A2A planes look better in v5).

I see they've also now updated traffic global. Installing now.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

The Sky Sim MD-11 works okay in V5, as does the FeelThere ERJ-145, so that's a heavy and a regional, both of which can be used. Traffic Global causes problems.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Al, can I ask if you would check something for me regarding the MD-11? Do the undercarriage door animations work correctly in P3D either V4 or V5? Thanks.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

14 hours ago, astro_liam said:

Found that out too earlier today, I was just going to point to the V5 directory and see if they worked but no need too 😄

Been flying around the mach loop in the hawk 4YxpyFs.png

GOTZpby.png

I have to ask, what scenery and specifically texture (water) addons do you have installed? That's simply stunning. 

1 hour ago, HighBypass said:

Al, can I ask if you would check something for me regarding the MD-11? Do the undercarriage door animations work correctly in P3D either V4 or V5? Thanks.

Yes, they do. Just checked them in V5.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

word not allowed! I guess they don't want to do a retro mod for FSX :sendu: :sendu: Thanks for checking! 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thank you JUST FLIGHT.  It was refreshing to see the expediency with which you reacted to P3dv5 addons.  I just re-downloaded my Arrow and the Robin and it was good to see the prompt for version5.

Stan

I was feeling happy with JustFlight earlier, as I really do appreciate devs who support the current sims. That's why I bought JustFlight in the first place - they were one of the earlier devs to support P3D v4.

Having said that, I feel that their products are looking increasingly outdated in P3D v5. Updating the installers is one thing, but they really need to improve their cockpit textures and materials to justify the rather high prices that they charge. I enjoyed taking my JustFlight planes out for a quick spin, but I'd be much more likely to fly them regularly if they could at least come close to matching the state of the GA art (see: A2A). 

I also mentioned in my previous post that I was looking forward to installing Traffic Global now that it was v5 compatible. Bad idea. The program is a still a mess. Do not buy, do not install. As far as I could tell from the several hours I wasted trying to get it to work, no one has it working in v5. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, mtr75 said:

I have to ask, what scenery and specifically texture (water) addons do you have installed? That's simply stunning. 

Thank you for the kind words, the only thing in these pictures that are not default is the Aircraft (Just Flight Hawk) and Orbx True Earth GB Central everything else is as default.  The Water detail is set to medium. 

Settings if you are interested in looking at them https://imgur.com/gallery/fjkz0vI 

Liam Carbin

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I also mentioned in my previous post that I was looking forward to installing Traffic Global now that it was v5 compatible. Bad idea. The program is a still a mess. Do not buy, do not install. As far as I could tell from the several hours I wasted trying to get it to work, no one has it working in v5. 

Totally agree with you, and I gave up on TG last weekend after the .exe stated 'please update'....and then it installed / reported the PRIOR version (1.1.1 I think) which is what was listed on the website (P3D v 4.5, not v5 yet).  ENOUGH of this mess.  So, I moved to the AIG - AIM traffic manager.  It is miles ahead of TG in terms of appearance, sound, and architecture.  Up to date flight plans, models, repaints.  Just gorgeous.  I am referring to P3D 4.5 , they are working on v5 compatibility now.  With their  AIM "OCI"  (one click install for 4.5+) , it is easy to keep flight plans up to date, and choose which airlines appear in your sim.  

cheers,   

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating