Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

P3D v5 Must See Video

7 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

In fact, some of those clouds look fs2002 quality.

Please show me what cloud in what picture looks like FS2002. Why not just make FS95 out of it...

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

11 minutes ago, Sethos said:

People just love to be sensationalist for some attention, I reckon, to drive their displeasure home. 

Just posted my opinion and within VR it really looks not so good. No displeasure..... but just my opinion. The first rollout should be done better I think. But the fact that there are a lot of different meanings and filled topics with this says enough.

But again....I only use VR and within VR it is not well done

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I wonder who misses those cartoonish mushroom shaped CB clouds in the early versions of the MS FS series?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Please show me what cloud in what picture looks like FS2002. Why not just make FS95 out of it...

They all do? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I wonder who misses those cartoonish mushroom shaped CB clouds in the early versions of the MS FS series?

Now replaced by low res blotches with no soul. awesome advancement. 

This is what I would like to see in P3D. Look at the shading, lighting, dawn dusk and coloring. In P3D v5 this looks very different. Clouds in p3d look ok for the first beta. But lighting shading and coloring looks awful

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

You know what I'm wondering here? Not everything in TrueSky relies on raytracing, but some of it does. It may be that people with RTX series cards are seeing something different than everyone else. The GTX series supports a much lower ray count to.preserve performance.

4 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

This is what I would like to see in P3D. Look at the shading, lighting, dawn dusk and coloring. In P3D v5 this looks very different. Clouds in p3d look ok for the first beta. But lighting shading and coloring looks awful

I agree that the demos look a lot better than P3d5. But P3d5 looks a lot better than what DTG did. It's a first shot at using TrueSky for LM. The  old style clouds and lighting are still there as an option. Unlike Rob, I haven't seen much in the way of stability issues, so I'm still mostly using P3d5 HF1.

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

The scenes in that video are completely over-saturated. Especially at dawn/dusk it looks like someone put a color filter over it. I think a lot of simmers are just used to this sort of Instagram filter colors or whatever one might call this. A lot of PTA presets also look over-saturated and way too bright.

The better comparison should be each individual sim against the real world rather than sim vs. sim. If I look outside and at real world photos I took on my own flights, trueSKY is by far closest to what the real world atmosphere looks like.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Coming from X-plane 11, and using a RTX2080ti, I personally think the true sky looks absolutely amazing, and can’t wait for it to progress out of beta. The only bit I don’t like that I can live with for now, is the super orange sky at sunset. 

17 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

They all do? 

16 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Now replaced by low res blotches with no soul. awesome advancement. 

The hyperbole is strong in this one.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

LM is probably relying on HiFi and REX to spruce up the atmospherics.

2 minutes ago, threegreen said:

The hyperbole is strong in this one.

Without an incredibly enormous amount of outlandishly widespread and spectacularly immense hyperbole, where would we be?

• Upvote 1

Just now, jabloomf1230 said:

LM is probably relying on HiFi and REX to spruce up the atmospherics.

I think so. Well lets wait further and see what is changing

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The hurdle for 3rd party developers in using TrueSky is the licensing. The shaders provided with P3d5 are binary, so no source code is available to users and third parties. With a license (and I suspect some nod of approval from LM) the shaders can be modified. 

@mpo910 I also fly in VR and I just compared a scene in VR and non-VR. I honestly didn't see anything different. What is it that you think is worse in VR with regards to trueSKY?