Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Turbulent Designs Departure Announcements.

4 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Well my licence appears to have migrated OK. Thanks Perry. However, there is no download, but it does say that my product is Global TerraFlora (not V2 which is a good sign).

Then again, just because Orbx recognises the licence does that mean that they will make the download available of the old FSX product? :blush:

EDIT - do I need Orbx Central also?? Even though my account doesn't mention it.

Yes - you download and install through Orbx Central.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

So I guess KGPI isn't going be updated for V5? That's a shame.

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Yes - you download and install through Orbx Central

Thanks Vic, but there's no TerraFlora V1 present. It can only see SODE, which at least proves that Central works... :dry:

Should I wait a little while then contact Orbx?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

28 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Thanks Vic, but there's no TerraFlora V1 present. It can only see SODE, which at least proves that Central works... :dry:

I'd let them know it hasn't shown up - should be under your products list.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

30 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

but there's no TerraFlora V1 present. It can only see SODE, which at least proves that Central works... :dry:

Same here. Seems we have to upgrade after the xfer, which I didn’t necessarily want.

Maybe you could let them know.

• Like 1

Regards, Perry

Just to note that V1.2 of TF is for FSX, any upgrade would be for P3D which would not work for me. Thanks gents, I'll drop them a ticket/email or however they do their support. :cool:

EDIT To clarify, the product is under my account (saying no download is currently available), but isn't shown in central.

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

So, I'm confused. Regarding Terra Flora, I know how to use the bloody software, yet this is the reply I got from the ticket:

For technical support (i.e., any support that isn't related to your user account or purchasing issues), please use our support forum: http://orbxsystems.com/forum
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/145401-orbx-ticket-portal/

Surely, licence activation comes under that area? Not to mention an actual download from ORBX which still isn't available.

More frustration. I know this is in the P3D forum, but this thread is about ORBX taking over Turbulent's products regardless of platform.

Off to their support forum, probably going to get myself banned for asking the wrong question.. :wacko:

Mark Robinson

oh there so very helpful over there, ain't they?...and sod tip toeing around em, its there word not allowed show they running, tell em how it is.

All these distributors running to sell there software through some fang-dangled orbx central mess that it is, is not a direction i think it should be going in.

Say the wrong thing on there forum - banned.

Say the wrong thing on another forum, and they see it - banned.

Refuse to use PayPal (Ok, then i REFUSE to buy from them, simple)

and, you are now concerned your going to get banned for asking the wrong question...because that it very much the case there, it seems..

You shouldn't feel concerned about silly things like that, but it is a anxiety they give their customers

..sorry, but honestly, i can't stand em'

...ill make my way to the door...

• Like 1

Luke Pype

Hehe, well, it certainly made me laugh, picturing you going into full rant mode (and I don't even know what you look like, but you get the idea I hope).

My post still hasn't had any views, so we'll see what happens, and no, I was polite and factual in my post, so fingers crossed.. :happy:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

4 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

oh there so very helpful over there, ain't they?...and sod tip toeing around em, its there word not allowed show they running, tell em how it is.Say the wrong thing on there forum - banned. Say the wrong thing on another forum, and they see it - banned. Refuse to use PayPal (Ok, then i REFUSE to buy from them, simple)and, you are now concerned your going to get banned for asking the wrong question...because that it very much the case there, it seems..You shouldn't feel concerned about silly things like that, but it is a anxiety they give their customers..sorry, but honestly, i can't stand em'...ill make my way to the door...

I bet you are a joy to deal with on any support forum.

Edited by Reader

4 hours ago, HighBypass said:

My post still hasn't had any views, so we'll see what happens, and no, I was polite and factual in my post, so fingers crossed.. :happy:

It looks like it was answered within two hours.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Reader said:

I bet you are a joy to deal with on any support forum.

absolutely! even more of a joy in person...😈

Luke Pype

On 5/7/2020 at 6:43 PM, Reader said:

It looks like it was answered within two hours.

Incorrectly answered - I was directed to a thread which was dealing with Version 2 of TF which is P3D only. I would like the issue over version 1 and 1.2 to be resolved.

Mark Robinson

.. and I suppose with the query being answered, it is extremely unlikely that I will get any more replies regarding my request to flag it further up the chain of command as the support admin didn't know when or if the product would be made available to download.

Oh, well £20 quid down the drain. I did get a small period of enjoyment back when it was in Turbulent's hands, but disappointed that no one out there can sort the installer out to recognise the licence key upon trying to reinstall the product.

Mark Robinson