Sign in to follow this  
GoodSeb

#FeatureFriday : new com about A320

48 minutes ago, Noooch said:

So you don't think they should level-up every aspect of the sim? This brings competition and every addon in a completely different level of authenticity and that's how things evolve, they complexify, you just can't go the other way and we should be grateful for that.

In case you didn't notice, we enter a new age in flight simulation thanks to Microsoft and Asobo. Is it a law somehewe telling only addon developers are entitled to make "study level" addons?

Didn't you notice the entire planet is at Orbx True Earth level? This doesn't seem to bother you, but aircrafts should be left behind? Your mind is totally set in the past.

We are talking about a flight sim here and if you think they are wasting their time trying to bring aircrafts to the next level you are probably wrong. Oh, and if you think they should focus on other core features, you are probably wrong too, they will cover all of them.

I meant that it's impossible for them to make study level aircraft. Take FSLabs for example. They've been developing the A320 for 6-7 years (if I remember correctly) and they were focused on it 100 %. Asobo has to create the entire world.

It would certainly be nice to have default study level aircraft. But like I said, it's highly unlikely. It says in the patch notes that there is a "landing with autobrake and spoilers"... I mean... This should be given, not a feature listed in the notes. I expect there would be a lot of not functional stuff. Obviously, because developing a study level add-on takes years.

The planet is much better than ORBX True Earth in my opinion. Very good job there!

42 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Why? Asobo has much more people and other sources, than 3PD studios. There isn't any reason, why they can't make plane close to "study" level. If they make similar plane, they set a new level of default planes and 3PD must bring some more, if they want our money. I think it's a good bussines 🙂

They could, everything is possible. A few years ago a sim like this was thought impossible.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

3 minutes ago, eaim said:

If Asobo/MS can develop a study level/near study level aircraft (and I don't see why they can't, especially after the sim is released) at a very reasonable price say $40-60, the competition i.e. 3rd party devs might have to reduce their prices to compete.

If MSFS is the success that it has the potential to be, the economies of scale might keep the price down. To appeal to the general masses I don't see why a near study level aircraft developed by someone like Asobo/MS can't have a gentle learning curve/tutorial built in so it appeals even to the more casual simmer. 

I don't see any connection between your post and my post that you're quoting. You're right about the prices though, for sure.

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Thomasso said:

Gonna have FSLabs and PMDG for that 😉 Default planes will never be study level.. Honestly I feel like they're wasting time trying to create a somewhat good airplane... We've always had add-ons for that. They should be focused on the simulator core.

Whaaaaaa??????

How do you have any idea they won't be study level. Not even sure how the definition "study level" fits any computer flight simulator and I use them all. System depth yes, study level not so much.

Why should the only focus on the core? They may be very good at things know one has seen yet. It is an Alpha all will reserve judgement until I see a finished product.

Just now, tpete61 said:

Whaaaaaa??????

How do you have any idea they won't be study level. Not even sure how the definition "study level" fits any computer flight simulator and I use them all. System depth yes, study level not so much.

Why should the only focus on the core? They may be very good at things know one has seen yet. It is an Alpha all will reserve judgement until I see a finished product.

Because developing study level aircraft (complex like an Airbus) takes 5+ years. If you are focused on it 100 %.

Tomáš Pokorný

5 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Because developing study level aircraft (complex like an Airbus) takes 5+ years. If you are focused on it 100 %.

I remember a 3rd party dev explaining how the amount of time is not relevant, but only the hours needed. He also demonstrated how an aircraft addon could take years for a small 3rd party but only a few months for Asobo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

I don't see any connection between your post and my post that you're quoting. You're right about the prices though, for sure.

Of course there is a link, your basically saying that if you can't afford to pay $200 for a top quality Aircraft well forget it, I'm saying that your wrong because Asobo/MS could make a similar quality add on aircraft either as default or at a much lower cost via their Marketplace, the cost being so low because of the numbers that they could sell, with them being Microsoft and all.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 minute ago, Noooch said:

I remember a 3rd party dev explaining how the amount of time is not relevant, but only the hours needed. He also demonstrated how an aircraft addon could take years for a small 3rd party but only a few months for Asobo.

Believe me I wouldn't mind if I was wrong 🙂 But my opinion stands.

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

• Like 1

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

I don't think any airplane on a home computer is study level.

Actually I hear the term often and not really sure what it means! Sounds like nonsense to me!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eaim said:

Of course there is a link, your basically saying that if you can't afford to pay $200 for a top quality Aircraft well forget it, I'm saying that your wrong because Asobo/MS could make a similar quality add on aircraft either as default or at a much lower cost via their Marketplace, the cost being so low because of the numbers that they could sell, with them being Microsoft and all.

You saying that I'm wrong is just your opinion though... Which you could be wrong at. Right?

And please, for the love of god. It's "you're" or "you are". "Your" refers to something that I own. And I'm not even a native English speaker. It isn't that hard, really...

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

12 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

With what amount of developers though. Asobo could easily hire more developers to complete a study-level aircraft in much less time, and besides it is almost certain that the marketplace will feature official add-ons, so the simulator's release date is not a limit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tpete61 said:

I don't think any airplane on a home computer is study level.

Actually I hear the term often and not really sure what it means! Sounds like nonsense to me!

For me, study level means that the aircraft is "alive". That means all systems modeled and not just visually. It means that you press a button and everything happens the same way as if you pressed the button in the real aircraft under the same conditions. Fluids will flow, current will flow, aicraft will be affected properly.

Not just a pretty cockpit with shiny buttons that do nothing behind the scenes.

But I guess this would differ person to person 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

Just now, ChaoticBeauty said:

With what amount of developers though. Asobo could easily hire more developers to complete a study-level aircraft in much less time, and besides it is almost certain that the marketplace will feature official add-ons, so the simulator's release date is not a limit.

Like I said before. I wouldn't mind if it was the case. I just don't believe it right now 🙂 

Tomáš Pokorný

1 minute ago, Thomasso said:

Like I said before. I wouldn't mind if it was the case. I just don't believe it right now 🙂 

I'm not saying they will do so, but I just don't see why it would be impossible. It is Microsoft, if they really wanted to, they could probably whip up a study-level aircraft before release just by throwing tons of resources at it.