Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

P3DV5, one month in..

4 hours ago, David Roch said:

Before you uninstall P3D5.... 😄
I think I have fount the culprit.

Well I already uninstalled it but not files or addons. I'll reinstall and see what happens

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

Well I already uninstalled it but not files or addons. I'll reinstall and see what happens

I hope it clears up for you, Quas!  I know you enjoyed v5,  early warts 'n all...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Go into your Orbx Central and on every one of the airports that allow you to configure GRASS,  un-check it. No more CTD's, on approach.

well in cyse there are a number of check boxes for Grass. I'll assume you mean the first on which is Airport Grass ObjectFlow. Well its the only one that's activated by default so I figure that's it. Wish me look. Here I go! 😁

5 hours ago, argosafe said:

Yeah, me too.  As you hint, when it's ready. 

Actually when he's ready. Anyone who has not tried the product is entitled only to express their opinion that from what they've READ. Some users think it's not ready. And if one keeps reading, many  of those users problems are caused by products other than P3D.

Personally I've had very few issues with v5 HF1. The ones I have had are not show stoppers. I DO think v5 was released a tad early but it is really beautiful overall and right now, as someone said, warts and all - it's far better than 4.5. Just completed another 4+ hour flight with minor issues - a stutter here, a cloud pop there but that's it.

Mod hat on - for anyone who has tried it and doesn't like it, for anyone who hasn't tried it but isn't going to buy it because of what they've read - you are entitled to your opinion - what you are not entitled to is to repeat it over and over in multiple threads. So you don't like v5 and are sticking with xp11? - fine please post that in the XP forum, they appreciate positive comments but keep it out of the P3D forum - we are all looking for constructive posts not those that are not helpful and just take up space.

Vic

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Happy to report that I did finally complete that flight with the CTD on approach to CYSE. It was the Grass. I'll go through my ORBX airfeilds and disable all the grass and breath a sigh of relief. I doubt if it the last CTD I'll see. But I was at the end of my tuning process when it became a problem. So for now its all smiles. I did have content error reporting one during that session and in the 'ContentErrors' there where 717 error for that session. I don't know how typical that is because I usually have it disabled.

56 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

Happy to report that I did finally complete that flight with the CTD on approach to CYSE. It was the Grass. I'll go through my ORBX airfeilds and disable all the grass and breath a sigh of relief. I doubt if it the last CTD I'll see. But I was at the end of my tuning process when it became a problem. So for now its all smiles. I did have content error reporting one during that session and in the 'ContentErrors' there where 717 error for that session. I don't know how typical that is because I usually have it disabled.

Ive only ever seen kpsp crash for me from v3 onwards. Cant imagine there is a grass setting in orbx central. Im glad you are able to enjoy v5 with that fix.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

22 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

Cant imagine there is a grass setting in orbx central

There is. But its not universally configured. you have to go into each individual airports configuration setting and disable it for each airport.

1 hour ago, Quasimodo said:

There is. But its not universally configured. you have to go into each individual airports configuration setting and disable it for each airport.

Sorry i meant for kpsp. Will check tho. Would love to be able to use it. I have no problems with the other ones i own.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

4 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

"See Quas, it was 'bad' grass...probably the airstrip (CYSE) got too stoned with code from v5,...lololololol!  You sobered it up, by  un-selecting  the box, LOL!"  Happy flights...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

"Correct"! 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

The stability (CTDs) issues are being addressed quickly

Thanks for the confirmation. I am impressed and happy with the improvements already brought by V5.

@Rob_Ainscough, will it be possible to get in the future the CPU, GPU and Vram hitters, like you (and Beau from LM) did for the previous versions.
I am convinced that DX12 have changed some parameters impact.

This would allow us to make the right choices to get the best of V5 tunned for one's configuration.

Thanks for your very valuable contributions.

Gérard

There is more to the CTD at CYSE than just the ORBX grass. As stated above I made that flight successfully after the grass was disabled but I just tried it again in the A2A P-40 which I just installed and I go the CTD in the same place with the grass off. So there is more to this than just the grass. Apparent there's an Object flow update immanent so hopefully that will help but a s I said before I have no interest in being a beta tester so that me done until HF2 or 5.1 or whatever. I'll try to enjoy it a bit but I'm already sick of the CTD's. I'm not going to post about them anymore and I certainly not going to waste anymore time trying to figure out whats causing them. I'm sure LM don't need or want my help. I know that because I offered to help Microsoft and Asosbo and they just ignored me.🤣

Switched  to v5 yesterday, not a single problem til far. I believe this forum is under attack by non-LM fans. If you’re in doubt ( and you respect recommended requirements), just go for it.

Just my 2 cents, do not take it personally.

Happy (v5) flying.

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX