Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 28th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

Regarding ATC pronouncing waypoint names, go to translate.google.com , select "English" as the language, type in a few of the waypoint names, one per line, and click on the play button. Even bing translator can produce something similar.

• Like 1

Siggy Schwarz

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I shall check PFPX tomorrow and see if it’s there.

Yes Ray, check your ZZYZX. (Sorry but this one had to be done)

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, YMMB said:

Do they? Great...  Asobo should give non-alpha testers access to the forums IMO... what's the harm?

Well I can think of one however I don't want to be unkind.

So funny.. So ASOBO has non-alpha testers? I thought you became one only after you bought the game, & then you can the band of complainers & also have access to the public forums. I'm sure that ASOBO wants proper informed alpha testers, not just freebee wanters!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

4 hours ago, Claviateur said:

Yes I think you are absolutely right, I've been wondering what is unsettling with this depth of field / blur effect style and now I see that it indeed gives the impression of macro shots... In fact few screenshots (of the A320) look as if they are reduced models or indoor mockups because of this effect I suppose...

MY own personal opinion about MS/ASOBO using real world cameras is that they are developing a sim/game (not a virtual professional camera add-on) & are releasing alpha video clips. 

Pity that you are not alpha testers (maybe you are) and you can use your own real world camera to take in-game shots. I'm sure that ASOBO will be happy to post them for you.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

25 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

So funny.. So ASOBO has non-alpha testers? I thought you became one only after you bought the game, & then you can the band of complainers & also have access to the public forums. I'm sure that ASOBO wants proper informed alpha testers, not just freebee wanters!

How about...  non alpha-testers... clearer now? 🙄

You think Asobo vetted the 10,000+ alpha-testers? 🤣

Matthew S

Just now, MatthewS said:

How about...  non alpha-testers... clearer now? 🙄

You think Asobo vetted the 10,000+ alpha-testers? 🤣

Much clearer, thanks. I just was not aware that Asobo also had non alpha testers. A beta tester can also be called a non alpha tester, & we know that testing is not in a beta stage as yet. 

So, what exactly is a non alpha tester (or non alpha-tester?)

Wow.. 10,000 + testers... amazing.. I did not realise there were so many. I was not aware that those figures had been released. Sorry I missed that.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

19 hours ago, scotchegg said:

It’s not “every now and then” though, is it? It’s every update. Maybe you could accept that your opinion has probably been noted. Maybe you can accept that whether it has or not, you’re not entitled to a personally-satisfying response.

Yes, not often, as in weekly updates, not everyday 🤦‍♂️

"probably been noted" 🤣  When I see evidence that it has actually been noted and fixed (like a screenshot), then I stop bringing it up of course.

Matthew S

6 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

So, what exactly is a non alpha tester (or non alpha-tester?)

Is this any clearer?...  "Asobo should give all users (and not just the alpha testers) access to the forums IMO... what's the harm?"

6 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Wow.. 10,000 + testers... amazing..

Someone mentioned a few weeks ago... So if you know better then do tell.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

7 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Is this any clearer?...  "Asobo should give all users (and not just the alpha testers) access to the forums IMO... what's the harm?"

Someone mentioned a few weeks ago... So if you know better then do tell.

LOL... How can you be a user if you are not an invited alpha tester?

Can you imagine what the forum would look like if they open it to the public? A lot worse than here! You will have the majority asking for their invites & the others complaining about ATC & clouds. 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

11 hours ago, filou said:

The real photos that you shared are transformed anyway so really not a good point of reference for me and not want to argue about it.

I'm not at all convinced by the clouds either. I have nothing to say about the IFR video  and all the others. The work is exceptional!  but the cloud layer did not bring me much emotion.Even the sky is sometimes look like cartoon.There is no "demonstration" in my act but some things I don't like.

In addition to the red clouds:

sZ0quJ1.jpg

kcKwdHr.jpg

16YcsSP.jpg

What we already have for sky:

DbiqpGo.jpg

What we already have for clouds:

imf80Rt.jpg

b0ubnwj.jpg

PqRrFjx.jpg

apgJU3b.jpg

fRl463A.jpg

Same here, clouds I thought were the best part of the sim, but not so much anymore. Perhaps they have tweaked them because they are performance killers. They are sometimes a fuzzy mess. Hope it is just settings.

Still extremely looking forward though, most other things, except the FSX-ish autogen popping look great!

45 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

LOL... How can you be a user if you are not an invited alpha tester?

Lol, as in flight sim users that registered for the alpha, but maybe "everyone" is easier for you?

Matthew S

26 minutes ago, 767lover said:

Perhaps they have tweaked them because they are performance killers. They are sometimes a fuzzy mess. Hope it is just settings.

I'd prefer a fuzzy mess with draw distance to the horizon (600 KM at high altitude I think they said).

Matthew S

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

I'd prefer a fuzzy mess with draw distance to the horizon (600 KM at high altitude I think they said).

Yes, good point, if we get good fps at that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

The town has an interesting history...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zzyzx,_California

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Yes Ray, check your ZZYZX. (Sorry but this one had to be done)

Confirmed PFPX shows it SE of KLAS.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As so many focus on the ATC, I'd like to point out that I am pleasantly surprised by the number of GARMIN versions they've implemented! 👍

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved