Sign in to follow this  
Captain747

Cant believe this

On 6/19/2020 at 1:40 PM, Will Fly For Cheese said:

And if it gets too complicated because there's a risk of spilling a coffee in the cockpit they'll generally say; "Unable".

Never, ever underestimate the power of saying "Unable" to ATC - it throws them into a massive fit. It blows their plan for your APP away and makes them have to think. Which is good.

Lots of fun. Especially if you're flying something Heavy. Like a 777.

You just hit on a huge weakness of every AI ATC I've ever encountered, and for the same reasons I talked about earlier I don't see it getting fixed any time soon. 

"Unable" is a great thing to say when you're having an emergency, or when you're literally unable to follow ATC instructions. When ATC wants me to fly into the middle of a strong T-storm, being able to say "no" would be a great thing. But instead, I either have to fly through that storm and make my A2A Connie passengers vomit, or fly around it and listen to ATC just repeat itself over and over again for 45 minutes.

I don't see AI ATC handling this realistically, but it would be nice if you could say "no," and that would signal ATC to just stop controlling you until you've handled whatever it is that prevented you from following the instruction.

Thankfully, it's a game, so you can always pause ATC & have coffee, go to the bathroom, post on Avsim etc. Realistic? Indeed!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

On 5/29/2020 at 9:56 PM, Chock said:

And you know 'it's not a priority for them' because?

He knows/speculates because of the current state of ACT in sim and the project is approaching beta phase

On 5/30/2020 at 4:25 AM, HiFlyer said:

Interesting......

Would we rather have something like X-planes ATC, repeating the same thing over and over till you go insane?

Is P3D's better?

What's the standard this atc is expected to beat?

Personally, the ATC in P3D is better than the xplane ATC.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, HiFlyer said:

What's the standard this atc is expected to beat?

Fortunately, my ATC are the voices in my head... 😄

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

10 hours ago, eslader said:

You just hit on a huge weakness of every AI ATC I've ever encountered, and for the same reasons I talked about earlier I don't see it getting fixed any time soon. 

"Unable" is a great thing to say when you're having an emergency, or when you're literally unable to follow ATC instructions. When ATC wants me to fly into the middle of a strong T-storm, being able to say "no" would be a great thing. But instead, I either have to fly through that storm and make my A2A Connie passengers vomit, or fly around it and listen to ATC just repeat itself over and over again for 45 minutes.

I don't see AI ATC handling this realistically, but it would be nice if you could say "no," and that would signal ATC to just stop controlling you until you've handled whatever it is that prevented you from following the instruction.

This shouldn't be too hard to fix, methinks. Whether ATC is asking you to do the impossible or you want to deviate from the flightplan because of a storm, by saying "Unable" or something like "deviate from flightplan",  AI ATC could just switch you to VFR with flight following until you are able to get back on track.

Maybe not 100% realistic but close enough for built-in ATC. This might help to deal with many situations AI ATC can't handle (yet).

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Yeah, as long as it's also easier to get back on track as far as using the flight plan. Half the time when something like that happens I end up saying "screw it" and go "VFR" for the rest of the flight.