Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Anyone successfully install Tropicalsim Scenery into v5 ?

I have TAPA, MDPC, and MBPV all installed and working fine in P3D v4 but when I try to install in to P3D v5 the sim crashes on startup.  I have installed in the Addons folder and added the scenery with Lorby's utility.   The developer of the software tells me others have got it working just fine in v5 so wondering if that is anyone here and if you can give me some hints as to how you got it working.  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Mark

I have the TNCC, TNCA, TAPA, SBRJ , SBGR, SBGL, SAEZ, MDPC, and KMCI working in V5. I simply used the Lorby SI Addon tool to add them to V5 from their existing locations where they are installed in V4. I did have to use ADE to create an exclusion bgl from the stock airport so that the default objects wouls not bleed through.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Wow, I wonder why mine are crashing the sim at the splash screen?  I added them from their P3D v4 location and then actually resinstalled them into the addon directory of v5.  I must be adding them incorrectly using the Lorby tool.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I have LPFR working fine in v5.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

4 hours ago, MarkW said:

I have TAPA, MDPC, and MBPV all installed and working fine in P3D v4 but when I try to install in to P3D v5 the sim crashes on startup.  I have installed in the Addons folder and added the scenery with Lorby's utility.   The developer of the software tells me others have got it working just fine in v5 so wondering if that is anyone here and if you can give me some hints as to how you got it working.  thanks.

I have all three of these working fine in v5. I assume you are referring to mdpc 2016?

Edited by ywg256

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

2 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

I have all three of these working fine in v5. I assume you are referring to mdpc 2016?

Yes,

Would you mind posting your Lorby file so I can confirm I am adding correctly?

Mark W   CYYZ      

59 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Yes,

Would you mind posting your Lorby file so I can confirm I am adding correctly?

Crashing the sim in the splash before loading other addons like chaseplane use to happen when the addon.xml file it's not compliant with the description addon tag empty. Did you check that?

4 minutes ago, Gumerson said:

Crashing the sim in the splash before loading other addons like chaseplane use to happen when the addon.xml file it's not compliant with the description addon tag empty. Did you check that?

Good catch, I did not check that and I actually thought the latest version of Lorby fixed that issue.  Thanks, I will check.

Mark W   CYYZ      

BTW the developer quickly responds and provides support.

I sent him a query about v5 compatibility before purchasing v4 sceneries and he wrote me back that he will supply a fix in case there are elevation issues. SBGR specifically was stated by him as not supported since there are major elevations changes done in v5.

3 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Mark

I have the TNCC, TNCA, TAPA, SBRJ , SBGR, SBGL, SAEZ, MDPC, and KMCI working in V5. I simply used the Lorby SI Addon tool to add them to V5 from their existing locations where they are installed in V4. I did have to use ADE to create an exclusion bgl from the stock airport so that the default objects wouls not bleed through.

Greg

So I assume you got SBGR to work as well?

Are you able to share the exclude file?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

26 minutes ago, Shomron said:

BTW the developer quickly responds and provides support.

I sent him a query about v5 compatibility before purchasing v4 sceneries and he wrote me back that he will supply a fix in case there are elevation issues. SBGR specifically was stated by him as not supported since there are major elevations changes done in v5.

So I assume you got SBGR to work as well?

Are you able to share the exclude file?

I did get SBGR to work as far as excluding the default bleed through. I did not notice any elevation issues. If they exist, I did not address them. Send me a pm with your e-mail and I will send it ti you. Just put it in the SBGR scenery folder.

Greg

Edited by gregmorin
more information added

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

IniBuilds already made an exclusion file for TFFF. I have yet to try it.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

14 hours ago, MarkW said:

Got it working thanks to Gumerson's tip.  I had not updated to the lastest version of Lorby.

Markw I’m glad you got it. Thanks my pal.

Glad to hear they are working with a little bit of work, I love my Caribbean tropical sim airports.

It’s been a while since I did any editing of AFCAD files, is it just a matter of drawing a single large exclude rectangle that excludes airport objects?  I seem to remember there are other excluded that will get rid of autogen as well which we wouldn’t want in this case of course.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hello All

I got MBPV2015, MDPC2016, MDST2018, TAPA2017, TFFF2018, TIST2018, TNCA2017 & TNCC2017 all working in P3D v5.
(Still need to do some excludes thought)

One very important thing to REMEMBER IS:

DO NOT USE the installer supplied AutogenConfigurationMerger, (As it is not designed to work with P3D v5), INSTEAD You should use the latest Arno's AutogenConfigurationMerger for P3D v5. (first Post) so the default.xml entries are correctly inserted into the Autogen\default.xml.

(Using the Old ACM might corrupt Your \Autogen\default.xml, because of different encodings.)

Edited by RamonB