Sign in to follow this  
Westy2810

MilViz KA350 - British Military Repaints

Good afternoon all,

I'm not a repainter by any stretch of the imagination but, given the general paucity of King Air repaints (particularly for those of us who fly mostly in the vitual skies of the UK/Europe) I thought I'd give this a bash...so, without further ado, I present Royal Navy Avenger T1 ZZ503 and Royal Air Force Shadow R1+ ZZ507. As the actual aircraft are both modified variants of the King Air 350ER (the latter in particular is festooned with various additional sensors, aerials and other 'lumps and bumps'), you'll have to excuse the liberal use of artistic licence...

Both files are in the Avsim pipeline and should hopefully be available imminently.

Comments and feedback gratefully recieved.

Cheers,

Craig West

ZZ507-6.jpg

ZZ503-4.jpg

ZZ507-4.jpg

ZZ507-5.jpg

ZZ507-3.jpg

Edited by Westy2810
Correcting typo
  • Like 3

Hi Craig ..... as I opted to install V5(removing 4.5) don't have access to this plane yet, but downloading ZZ507 anyway ....  subtlety of the scheme appeals, understated, .... right up my street .... thanks a bundle ..... interesting you mention 'lumps and bumps' as it takes me back to when i worked at RAF Kinloss , where a couple of Dassault Falcons with the aforementioned bits appeared when a Nato exercise in progress ....

Alan

Thanks very much Alan, hope you get the King Air up in v5 soon. It's interesting the RAF has opted to paint ZZ507 in a civilian-style livery, but far more aesthetically appealing than the otherwise drab grey efforts! Funnily enough, I've been to Kinloss (and nearby Lossiemouth) on several occasions - the product of a mis-spent youth in the ATC...happy days! 

Mentioning Lossie brings the memories flooding back ... we moved into a rented property close to the base, and having been a planespotter going back to the days of Glasgow Renfrew airport, couldn't wait to get round to runway's end at the base on my bike .... memorable was feeling my chest being battered by the shockwaves created by a Tornado switching to 'Military Power' for take-off  ..... not long after the base commander, somewhat embarrassingly, forced to ditch his Jaguar just off the beach, but the clincher was sitting at breakfast in the kitchen, and being treated to the sight and sound of a Tornado at about 300ft inverted, that year's display pilot practising, which began high and worked down to low altitude .... stirring stuff ......!!

• Like 1

I love ZZ507. I fly that paint in the (virtual) US it's such a nice livery. I just have to ignore the reg and it fits in perfectly on a general aviation ramp here. Nice job!

Edited by rightseat
added "virtual"
  • Upvote 1

Nice job on both these paints.  There seem to be relatively few repaints so far for the Milviz King Air, so many thanks for yor contribution.

• Like 1

Nice liveries , Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png