Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 4th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

20 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Perhaps he’s referring to a camera effect when taking the screenshot, you probably can’t answer this but I wonder about what camera settings can be altered when taking a pic.

I don't think I can answer that question without breaching the NDA, but I can only say regarding my pictures "what you see is what you get". And ofc it depends on each PC's hardware display settings etc. Some may have more or less graphic options on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dave2013 said:

I hope you're right.

However, I know a little bit about how sales and marketing departments at many businesses use techniques to make their products look better than they really are.

Dave

This is where I suspect you're not actually trying to know what the truth is. Are you just trying to show us how smart you are with your skepticism? I'm surprised you didn't ask for a link to the leaked footage so you could see for yourself. No need to hope he's right if you can see for yourself, right? Anyway, don't mind me, I'm just speculating.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

To sum up how MSFS pre release has been: divide the player base in two. Let the first group see the truth and the second group keep guessing. Great job MS

Hardley a pre-release, just clickbait for Avsimmers.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

This is where I suspect you're not actually trying to know what the truth is. Are you just trying to show us how smart you are with your skepticism? I'm surprised you didn't ask for a link to the leaked footage so you could see for yourself. No need to hope he's right if you can see for yourself, right? Anyway, don't mind me, I'm just speculating.

Yes, you are just speculating, and being presumptuous in the process.

Some of the screenshots I've seen look almost fake to me.  That's my opinion, whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

Now, a couple of alpha testers here have stated that their screenshots have not been altered in any way and I believe them.  Knowing this makes me feel even better and more excited about the new sim.

I am a skeptical person by nature.  I ask questions that are sometimes unpopular.  I am this way because of experience.  You may not recall how Microsoft released a beautiful picture of FSX which fooled almost everybody, because FSX never looked anything like that picture.  I remember this and I won't forget it.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

3 hours ago, Kpeters said:

I don't think so.

I can tell you my screenshots look exactly the same in this site as in my hard drive, and I don't see anything in the other screenshots to think that they were tampered with.

Thanks for letting everyone know this.  I take your word for it.

Dave

• Like 1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

3 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

I am in the Alpha, What you see is what you get. Can we move on from this subject now ?

Thanks.  Yes, we can move on.

Dave

3 hours ago, Carts85 said:

I would be sceptical like you if all I had seen were the fancy marketing trailers but since then I’ve spoken to alpha members seen alpha footage official and leaked footage and it is extremely positive. However, keep in mind it’s an alpha, it will not be perfect right now from a functionality perspective but it’s clearly visually stunning already and will only improve.

Thanks.

Dave

• Like 1

All this petty squabbling.. really time to move on... almost like being in a kindergarden.. 'I am in the Alpha' so there!! Just like a p_ssing contest!

Just remember, you are only an Alpha tester, with a games developer who states on their site that they are currently developing the next generation of games. 

Edited by Wobbie

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

12 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

You may not recall how Microsoft released a beautiful picture of FSX which fooled almost everybody, because FSX never looked anything like that picture.  I remember this and I won't forget it.

Dave

Is it the mountain lake picture in the attached article you're referring to?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/flight-simulator-x-hands-on-impressions-new-features-new-audio-experience-and-a-hint-at-directx-10-graphics/1100-6155710/

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

You may not recall how Microsoft released a beautiful picture of FSX which fooled almost everybody, because FSX never looked anything like that picture.  I remember this and I won't forget it.

This is stated under the picture: This is an artist's concept image of what DirectX 10 will look like. We should be so lucky.

LOL, seriously? you will not forget advertising copy?? 

What about FSX: As real as it gets! Also not forgotten that? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

The updates continue to blow me away, and I hope to see more short videos in the coming weeks in months as well. I'm particularly curious about what will be changed in these alpha tester screens once build #4 is out. Maybe the sloped runways and improvements to airport globally, plus a fuller 747 model, etc. Asobo clearly has a build that's decently ahead of what's out, and that makes sense. I wonder how much they'll roll out to testers next.

I think the concern about the static red lights on the highway are placeholders for cars — or they'll be permanent with the addition of some actual road traffic to give the illusion of denser highway traffic, something that my ORBX scenery does decently even in FSX. Considering Asobo has seemingly thought of everything, I have a feeling they'll let you customize traffic like in previous iterations of this sim franchise.

Now this is going to sound nitpicky but anyone else wondering if you can turn the cabin lights on/off in the airliners? Don't want to break any Federal laws and not dim the cabin lights for departure or keep my pax awake on longhaul flights. 😉

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

9 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

All this petty squabbling.. really time to move on... almost like being in a kindergarden.. 'I am in the Alpha' so there!! Just like a p_ssing contest!

Just remember, you are only an Alpha tester, with a games developer who states on their site that they are currently developing the next generation of games. 

Looks. He said the images are faked marketing BS. We just came her to say, He's wrong. That's all.

• Like 3

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Yes, lights are dimmable, are are the lights of vehicles on the road, to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic. Indicators work as well.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

49 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Looks. He said the images are faked marketing BS. We just came her to say, He's wrong. That's all.

Yeap gotta chill down a bit. It's just a matter of trying to stop fake rumors with what little one can divulge.

• Like 1