Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - New Planes 737, 777 & DC6

@threegreen

I want to be very clear here before I go ahead with my last answer/statement and not to be misunderstood or give the impression that I'm looking to disrespect you.

As I am not familiar with your job (I'm a real current and qualified pilot in some of their product) and from your statement, it is obvious that you are unfamiliar with certain airplanes how they fly and what really they do. Again, nothing wrong with that and to be honest I find it normal that you didn't notice any of the few issues I just mentioned. Unfortunately, there are way too many to be listed here but you can find some them on their forum if they didn't delete them or blocked the customer.

I have the FSLABS Airbus and MadDog and didn't see any from their management deleting posts because somebody found a bug and provided documentation and request to be fixed.  I didn't see people from the beta team jumping on customer and try to teach them "new tricks" or saying that is a P3D limitation while the other developer(s) don't have that issue. Very disappointing. 

You said that the LNAV is getting a new overhaul, that is true but that was a long time (over 1 1/2 year or more) ago.

Interesting to see that you say that "criticizing product quality is a new and rather peculiar one" when actually many of the last updates have more and more bugs than before (again look over to their forum).

Now from a customer perspective, I would love to see from PMDG to show more respect towards the customer, the one who puts money in their pockets and keeps them alive and prosper.

Their software is an undeniable eye candy product, they have some good programmers that can do it right if they are let to do it, but they rush out a product with so many bugs (again look over to their forum).

All it takes for them is to fix the issues and then they can claim to be study level as is Aerowinx or FSLABS.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

21 hours ago, killthespam said:

Their software is an undeniable eye candy product

I wasn't going to reply because I know you said you won't answer, but that's as hyperbolic as it gets and if we go by what eye candy is it's just wrong. If you do talk about not wanting to be disrespectful I suggest to stay reasonable within a discussion because frankly going by this statement this whole conversation was a waste of time.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Fun fact about the new B737 of pmdg is how weird it is to taxi. I have no idea what went through their mind, but it really feels horrible. The previous one was normal 🙂 and It’s still not fix I think 🤔 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, popite78 said:

Fun fact about the new B737 of pmdg is how weird it is to taxi. I have no idea what went through their mind, but it really feels horrible. The previous one was normal 🙂 and It’s still not fix I think 🤔 

What went through their mind was the way the FSL A320X taxis - which is utterly broken and PMDG got sucked in to the mentality of it.

Taxiing an aircraft - large or small - is throttle and tiller or throttle and castering nose wheel and rudder or steerable nose wheel; that's going from big aircraft to small.

We, in the sim are limited for control surfaces and how thy act/ react - just assign the tiller on the rudder pedals and don't make me have to hit the comma button to get full travel of the nose wheel or other obscure and erroneous actions so close to flight.

It's Ego on the part of the devs and it's rubbish.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

PMDG confirmed something that we all knew - that they will develop for MSFS. How did we know? Because when they sold the NGXu, they provided credit for the MSFS version. Plus, lots of other comments.

So, do we need a long video about a single paragraph from a PMDG announcement stating the obvious and providing no details?

My opinion - no. 

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

So, do we need a long video about a single paragraph from a PMDG announcement stating the obvious and providing no details?

Sure, why not? I also get my tech news from youtubers. I've never received a single email/newsletter from PMDG. So unless your on Facebook (I'm not) or refreshing their web site or a member of AVSIM then this is just another avenue for information.

• Like 1

howevr

21 hours ago, popite78 said:

I use rudder pedals to taxi and have the taxi option in the FMC set to curve and it works just fine for me. One of the larger updates some 2 or so months ago was what fixed it for me.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 6/5/2020 at 4:15 PM, eaim said:

I wonder if Obsidianant has a Username at Avsim?

I'm here! 🙂 Nice to see the great discussions going on.

On the subject of video length, it's quite right that 10+ minutes is the ideal video length for the YouTube algorithm.  This is better for both ads and traffic.  Generally speaking, the longer people watch the better a video may do.  You may have even noticed there's a trend in YouTube towards ~15 minute videos nowadays.

Personally I prefer to avoid all of that.  Most of my videos are between 5 to 7 minutes.  It's not ideal for YouTube as such, but I think it makes for a better video.

As for PMDG, I'm really interested in the DC-6. Has anyone tried that in P3D at all?