Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - New Planes 737, 777 & DC6

2 hours ago, Chock said:

most modern movies start with a big crash bang whallop sequence right from the off,

I certainly found this quite surprising in Little Women 

5 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

I’m much more interested in what a2a do than pmdg to be perfectly honest. 

Agreed. Although I will probably get the 737 and 777 from PMDG I'm going to be very anxious to get the A2A PA-28 Cherokee in to the FS2020 skies asap.

And in terms of the heavier metal I'm going to be watching what Captain Sim are getting up to especially their wonderful 737-200ADV - whose magnificent Virtual Cockpit textures are the nearest you can get to a 3D environment on a 2D monitor.

Interesting times ahead as our favourite devs come on stream with this. A2A have been particularly quiet - One hopes because they're busy...developing.

• Upvote 1

It's funny how for at least 10 years PMDG is not capable to fix their buggy products and already they see themselves going to a new platform.
Yes, years ago they were a reputable and a good company,  they cared about the customer, they listen to the customer, they had somehow a quality control.
Today, with any new update you faced with multiple or more bugs than the previous version, they fight with the customer if is not the PMDG way, they ban people from the forum because they can't accept that something is wrong with the software, they refuse guidance from the real pilots showing bugs with documentation in hope to have the product fixed.
They have some people from within trying to convince the customer that is nothing wrong and divert the issue to something else.
It's funny to see them calling people to join and enjoy the company when if you find a bug and speak up you end up being banned.
From what I see (based on their experience and buggy software) jumping to a new platform might be a bigger challenge than they can think about it, but we hope for the best and a quick recovery on their approach to software development and customer relations.
  • Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

4 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

A2A have been particularly quiet - One hopes because they're busy...developing.

And Aerosoft?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, killthespam said:
It's funny how for at least 10 years PMDG is not capable to fix their buggy products and already they see themselves going to a new platform.

it's almost likes things gets more and more complex over the years and it harder to fix all of the bugs...who knew.

Edited by 188AHC
Pruned quote
  • Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

4 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

And Aerosoft?

Yes, cool white cat, especially them - they went very quiet after the initial speculation that they were behind the A320 NEO.

Jolly exciting times ahead aside from the glorious scenery...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

I certainly found this quite surprising in Little Women 

Could be worse, if Little Women had been made in the 70s, it would have had a car chase in it.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, canadiantree said:

My personal favorite Youtuber when it comes to these is X-Check, I watch the youtuber above also but I find his voice annoying.

Interesting.  X-Check has been commented on before that he basically just watches the video and goes "wow, cool.  Look at that, great.  Now subscribe to my channel."

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Everything is Super Exciting to X-Check he's the most Excited simmer ever born.

Now, I was actually hoping this title meant defaults.  Just a default Asobo 737 would be a really nice surprise (don't believe it will happen though).

Greazer.

I personally couldn't care less for the the big planes, but this makes me anyhow excited to hear because that means that there are many developers already commited to the new sim, which is great.

Can't wait for the little planes like the modern ultralights and so on. Those that get blown away if someone sneezes near them, and with which you learn that the pedals actually have more use than just battery parking.

I’ve watched several of his Elite Dangerous videos over the years and could happily listen to his voice for hours.

Unfortunately his content, particularly analysis, can be a bit ‘lite’.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I sometimes tune in to AUS Flight Simmer, but all these guys are just regurgitating the current news. Their analysis can be more or less interesting depending upon the channel. 

23 hours ago, killthespam said:

PMDG have always had very few bugs after release and the ones that were there were quickly fixed, speaking from years of experience with their products and comparing to many other developers. If there's one thing you can't say about them it's that their products aren't high quality or that they are buggy. There is also nothing wrong with announcing to support a new platform that comes along and that has really nothing to do with bug fixing. It's just logical to hop on to the new platform that will likely be the main one going forward.

They have plenty of pilots in the beta test teams and others who are frequenting the forums and recently hired another pilot into the beta test team after he detailed some things that were wrong in the NGXu after release compared to the real bird and these things have since been fixed as well. I also see a lot of traffic on their forums, especially after a release, of bug reports and corrections suggested and have done so myself and the ones that I know of who were actually banned quite frankly skipped the day in school when constructive criticism was taught.

Just to offer some perspective.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

PMDG have always had very few bugs after release and the ones that were there were quickly fixed, speaking from years of experience with their products and comparing to many other developers. If there's one thing you can't say about them it's that their products aren't high quality or that they are buggy. There is also nothing wrong with announcing to support a new platform that comes along and that has really nothing to do with bug fixing. It's just logical to hop on to the new platform that will likely be the main one going forward.

They have plenty of pilots in the beta test teams and others who are frequenting the forums and recently hired another pilot into the beta test team after he detailed some things that were wrong in the NGXu after release compared to the real bird and these things have since been fixed as well. I also see a lot of traffic on their forums, especially after a release, of bug reports and corrections suggested and have done so myself and the ones that I know of who were actually banned quite frankly skipped the day in school when constructive criticism was taught.

Just to offer some perspective.

Absolutely incorrect:

"PMDG have always had very few bugs after release and the ones that were there were quickly fixed",

or "If there's one thing you can't say about them it's that their products aren't high quality or buggy."

I will mention just a few major bugs lingering the software for years

LNAV -  not following the correct magenta line, doing circles after passing certain waypoints 

VNAV - not complying with certain restrictions, busting altitudes and speeds

Autopilot - bad or late anticipation on intercepts of LNAV, LOC, ILS

Different failures missing or incorrect data on EICAS.......

I agree with being nothing wrong to support a new platform, but I'm wondering how is gonna be better with the new one when they can't program correctly the old one for at least 10 years or so.

Yes, they have some pilots, but what good it is for PMDG to fix only limited items and pretend that next time will be fixed and years later we see the same problems. Can you imagine how frustrating it might be for these real pilots to see bugs unfixed after so much time spent to help them out?

Yes, they have fresh blood for the NGXu but again they still have bugs.

You talk like them, it's not that someone "skipped the day in school when constructive criticism was taught." 

it's that when the bugs were pointed out and documented correctly people got banned because they couldn't admit that something is wrong and instead of fixing the problem for everybody benefit it was much easier to shut them down.

If you paid attention to what I said you will find out that I did not say that they never do anything right, again like them

easy to blame the other side for pointing valid issues instead of fixing.

Unfortunately, many customers (especially many real pilots that see the potential of the software) are unhappy no matter how big is the ego at PMDG, natural selection will take place and they will never ever understand why.

Edited by killthespam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

LNAV -  not following the correct magenta line, doing circles after passing certain waypoints 

VNAV - not complying with certain restrictions, busting altitudes and speeds

Autopilot - bad or late anticipation on intercepts of LNAV, LOC, ILS

Different failures missing or incorrect data on EICAS.......

I agree with being nothing wrong to support a new platform, but I'm wondering how is gonna be better with the new one when they can't program correctly the old one for at least 10 years or so.

Unfortunately, many customers (especially many real pilots that see the potential of the software) are unhappy no matter how big is the ego at PMDG, natural selection will take place and they will never ever understand why.

The bugs you are raising are certainly there but very limited. Flying several of their aircraft for years, I can't say I have ever seen any of the bugs you mentioned here. Again, that's not to say there isn't any truth to it. But buggy products they couldn't fix for 10 years is a description that makes me think of a whole number of developers but PMDG are among the last ones I'd ever think of. The LNAV system is getting a complete overhaul btw.

I'm not saying your opinion isn't valid, but to me this seems like there is a bit of a lack of perspective. Compare their products to other aircraft addons on the market and, objectively, they are among the few at the very top and very bug free considering how software development works. I can understand critique about high prices or a bit of an attitude here and there for example, but criticizing product quality is a new and rather peculiar one, imho.

You talk like them, it's not that someone "skipped the day in school when constructive criticism was taught."

No, I don't talk "like them" because this is my opinion when I talk about the incidents that I know of, in which case the ban was justified. It's not my intention however to get into their banning policy, I just tend to think the argument of people constantly getting banned on their forum and unjustly so is starting to become overused.

That and I don't understand why there always has to be that obligatory post detailing the misdeeds of this company whenever it's mentioned in any context...

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD