Sign in to follow this  
asanal

What is this messages?

Recently I am keep getting this message from P3D:

"P3D has detected non-sequential layer ordering within the Scenery Library list. Would you like P3D to attempt to repair this issue? YES or NO

I usually click YES. Then every time  when I start  P3D, it starts all over again.

How shall I  correct this issue?🤔

Thanks

Edited by asanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

12 minutes ago, asanal said:

"P3D has detected non-sequential layer ordering within the Scenery Library list. Would you like P3D to attempt to repair this issue? YES or NO

I usually click YES. Then every time  when I start  P3D, it starts all over again.

Thanks

What sceneries you have? ORBX? Did you tried P4AO from Lorby? Finds all issues, duplicates and puts them in order.....

Alex 

I have ORBX. Sorry to say I have no knowledge about Lorby. I will search and will inform. 

THX

Ahmet Sanal

1 hour ago, asanal said:

Thanks

I believe its related to the layer priorities in the scenery.cfg which as you may know are numbered by layer 1....20...200 whatever.

When one moves a layer inside the sim, the layers get renumbered to be linear.

However here are circumstances such as manual adjustment where layer say 49 will get moved before 48 and this triggers the message. Or a scenery is deleted and leave a gap in numbers.

Make a backup copy of your scenery.cfg....then let the sim adjust check to see if everything is displaying properly.

You can scan through your scenery.cfg and see if the numbers are all sequential.  You may find the culprit.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Brayn, Thanks. I made a backup copy and delete the scenery.cfg and let sim redownloaded Scenery.cfg and at tis time no warning received from P3D.

RWY24, I found Lorby web site, but I cannot locate  P4AO. In mean time problem solved,

Thanks for your help.

Ahmet Sanal

44 minutes ago, asanal said:

P4AO

Just look for Prepared Add-on Organizer.  It's not only one of the best tools for P3D users, the documentation is a MUST READ for P3D users and doing so will save you many, many hours - trust me on this, I do this and flight sim support professionally.  You may not understand everything in the documentation the first time, but it will give you a terrific foundation and you'll know where to go for help should you need it in the future.

Recommending you make the time to read the documentation is easily the best flight sim related advice I can give you my friend, especially since most P3D Addons (aircraft, scenery, and all other addons) now use the XML method for adding and activating/deactivating P3D addons.

Best wishes!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

36 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Even with addin organizer the message will come back. I get it all the time, run Lor y and it goes away fir a bit then comes back. 

This might indicate that perhaps ORBX Central introduces it, every time you run it for (re-)installing a scenery or other management tasks. I still don't really understand the layering ORBX (+P3D5) introduces via add-on.xml installations.

But of course there may be other causes.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Try adjusting your insertion point in Central and then sync to sim.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks all responses And advises👍.

I deleted Scenery. cfg file and started P3D and generated  the new Scenery.cfg file. There are no more P3D messages. Also, " ORBIX Central" I  clicked "Verify Files" on Orbx Libraries" folder.

Ahmet Sanal

11 hours ago, MarkW said:

Even with addin organizer the message will come back. I get it all the time, run Lor y and it goes away fir a bit then comes back. 

Just opening C4 will check your installed scenery and reorder it if you have not set the insertion point correctly, even if you do not add or make a purchase it needs to know what you have installed already. 

PS that`s how it checks to see if you need updates on some scenery.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg