Sign in to follow this  
benjoglove

King Air350I Milvz doing right hand circles

Good Morning,

Thought I might try on here to see if anyone has experienced this issue and a possible fix. 

Good Morning,

I have just bought this aircraft so new with it. I'm having an issue were the plane will follow the SID of the flight plan and then early in the flight the plane will then begin to turn right and just circle without going to the next way point. As seen in the pics FMS is set and Auto sequence is on. Can anyone please assist with were I am going wrong as I have tried everything I can to fix the issue. Thank you in advance. The FD is showing it should be turning left back onto the flight path but the aircraft goes right.

Have the latest update as I bought it after the update release. Also have the latest AIRAC 2006.

I am on p3dv4.5. Leaving ypad rwy 23 on the Bendo2 sid. Follows the sid from the runway around to the left like it should until it gets to that position the begins the right turn and continues it even if i try a DIR to another waypoint further on.

Edited by benjoglove

Support forums is a good idea...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

7 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Support forums is a good idea...

Have put it on the milvz forum but no luck yet. Hoping to see if anyone has had the same issue here. 

I have not run into this issue. The FMS is on a straight leg BARKA to MURRY so there is no reason that the system would do as you describe. Any issues I have come across usually present with conditional waypoints. Normally, this is something you can see in the FMS in that the procedure does not look right on the LEGS pages. This is why I conditioned my recommendation in that it is the best available using the NAVIGRAPH database. 

The person who responded to you on the MV Forums works the logic for the FMS so I would wait there for a response, or possible PM him and ask if he found anything. That is your best bet for this unusual issue. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Yes navigraph is up to date and used. I have done 5 tests now with same route and it does it everytime. Very weird. 

Your preset is on VOR 1. If I recall correctly, it has to be on FMS to follow the flight plan.

Peter

• Upvote 1

Isnt fms in green above the preset? If you change that preset to fms it makes the top one VOR. It follows the sid as per the fms just fine. Happy to be corrected.

I can't check right now but I think you need to have Fms both in preset and on top.

Yeah it wont allow that to happen. It seems like it switches to either fms or vor. Wont set to both

Edited by benjoglove

The avionics are setup correctly. 

How did you climb to 30,000' that quickly after take-off? Even a moderately loaded airplane it takes about 30 minutes to climb from SL to FL300. 

The preset looks fine the ACTIVE nav source is FMS and that Is annuciated in the PFD in green the preset (STANDBY) nav source is VOR1 annuciated in blue.   A couple of things stood out to me.  Your airspeed is very low.  Not surprising since your in pitch (VPTCH) mode in the climb. But in that mode your speed will decay quickly At slower speeds the controls get unresponsive and you have to use larger movements to make corrections.  This introduces more drag and decays the speed even more.  I see the plane trying to correct but at that speed and attitude and altitude the AP just cant handle it.  That is why its preferable to use FLC mode which will vary the elevator pitch angle in the climb to maintain airspeed.  To correct this situation you have to disengage the autopilot.  In addition, the sid you are trying to use clearly says "JETS" which I take to mean it isn't authorized for turboprops (Probably because ot the high climb gradients required to comply with the SID). 

Edited by jalbino59

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

9 hours ago, KenG said:

The avionics are setup correctly. 

How did you climb to 30,000' that quickly after take-off? Even a moderately loaded airplane it takes about 30 minutes to climb from SL to FL300. 

It is that high and slow because it was circling approximately 6 to 7 times prior to taking the screenshot whilst trying to fix the issue.

Edited by benjoglove

8 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

The preset looks fine the ACTIVE nav source is FMS and that Is annuciated in the PFD in green the preset (STANDBY) nav source is VOR1 annuciated in blue.   A couple of things stood out to me.  Your airspeed is very low.  Not surprising since your in pitch (VPTCH) mode in the climb. But in that mode your speed will decay quickly At slower speeds the controls get unresponsive and you have to use larger movements to make corrections.  This introduces more drag and decays the speed even more.  I see the plane trying to correct but at that speed and attitude and altitude the AP just cant handle it.  That is why its preferable to use FLC mode which will vary the elevator pitch angle in the climb to maintain airspeed.  To correct this situation you have to disengage the autopilot.  In addition, the sid you are trying to use clearly says "JETS" which I take to mean it isn't authorized for turboprops (Probably because ot the high climb gradients required to comply with the SID). 

The screen shot was taken after it had circled 6 to 7 times therefore high and slow. I have tested 5 or 6 more times since then and still get the right hand circling in that spot even when using different speeds and pitch rates. I can safely say its not a speed or pitch issue especially when its in the same spot were it begins the circling. I do notice the blue heading line become present before the right hand circling. However the heading line is 90 degrees to the left.

9 minutes ago, benjoglove said:

The screen shot was taken after it had circled 6 to 7 times therefore high and slow. I have tested 5 or 6 more times since then and still get the right hand circling in that spot even when using different speeds and pitch rates. I can safely say its not a speed or pitch issue especially when its in the same spot were it begins the circling. I do notice the blue heading line become present before the right hand circling. However the heading line is 90 degrees to the left.

Just going by the pics posted.  Why is it climbing in pitch mode? Did you notice the SID is meant for jet aircraft?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS