Sign in to follow this  
TedK

QW 787 No Passenger Cabin Interior View

I've used Google to search for this but can't find anything that answers my question. I just added the QW 787 to my hanger. Using the default QW livery. There is no passenger cabin interior; only a flight deck. No where did I read that's all you get. Is this typical of QW? Do the add-on liveries have interiors? It almost seems as if questions regarding QW passenger cabin interiors have been filtered out of all Google searches.

Edited by TedK

There is none modelled.

• Like 1

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Wow. For 80 bucks I'd think you'd get a couple of seats. Wondering if they do this to save on fps.

Maybe the aircraft is supposed to be a simulation of piloting, not being a passenger.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

To be fair, QW's own site does not mention a passenger cabin interior. Their 787 is a rather complex model, both internal and external visually, along with a complex flightdeck so any FPS saved would I believe be helpful, hence, no PAX seats :wink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Some of the other sims that are better optimized (XP11, AFS2, MSFS) can model the entire cabin in decent detail and still manage a healthy fps, VRAM, etc.. In XP11, the narrow bodies (zibo 737, FF 320) have beautiful cabins and with the immersive fmod sounds, it is breathtaking sitting at the rear cabin and enjoying the wing views and the sounds.. you can switch between the VC and the wing view and the textures load in an instant.. absolutely no lag at all.. again, because of the more optimized engine..  AFS2 or MSFS may be even more optimized and have even more headroom to throw in a cabin if they wanted to.. 

I wont be surprised if MSFS had their defaullt 747-8 with a cool 3 cabin layout.. the modern sims can accommodate that without an fps hit..  

It's not fair to dismiss this by saying "why do u want to spend time in the cabin?"..  during cruise, just take a walk from the front to the back and enjoy how the soundscape changes..  if the sim has the headroom, why not? 

I used to wonder "why do we need PBR for airports?".. but after seeing T2G VHHH in PBR, i'm blown away and wish all my other airports were in PBR too.. I still wonder why some devs waste resources on modeling terminal interiors.. but if there is headroom why not? I flew into LAX in AFS2 at 100+fps with everything on ultra.. so it is possible.. 

DX12 alone may not be enough.. base sim has to be overhauled completely.. P3D has come a long way since fsx and done great things like HDR, PBR, 64-bit, DX12 etc.. but if you want AAA quality eye candy and performance, it needs to be built on a brand new engine. 

• Like 4

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

Strange , because a have a QW B787 modeled interior 

Edited by polosim

This question had already been asked under FSX. Yes QW modeled the cabin but not the PAX (useless).
PMDG does not model and their products are more expensive.

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

I sit corrected...for the second time today! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Well, I remember a PMDG model from the past that did have a cabin interior. But I much rather spend a few minuets visiting a nice cabin than looking at myself from a spot plane. After all, one DOES occasionally need to use the forward head. And of course, the simple answer was, "no, they do not model a passenger cabin interior."

Edited by TedK

9 hours ago, polosim said:

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

Strange , because a have a QW B787 modeled interior 

I've seen those, They are add-ons. I would love to see someone come up with a private BBJ-type interior.

https://www.businessinsider.com/boeing-787-dreamliner-private-jet-kestrel-2016-6#the-master-suites-sleeping-area-features-a-large-california-king-size-bed-according-to-vella-the-suite-is-designed-to-be-an-oasis-of-silence-in-fact-the-noise-level-in-the-room-during-flight-is-just-48-decibels--on-par-with-a-quiet-suburban-home-6

Edited by TedK

Actually there is some type of passenger cabin modeled but you can see it only by using the spot or chase plane.