Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ASP5 and (no) Clouds with EA?

Not always, but in many many cases, I don't see any clouds when I have Enhanced Atmospherics on. I have the other atmospheric effects, but no clouds, nada, not a bit of a cloud ... . As soon as I switch EA off, clouds come back (if there are any according to HiFi's weather server). I have a strong suspicion that I'm doing something totally wrong. But what?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

8 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Not always, but in many many cases, I don't see any clouds when I have Enhanced Atmospherics on. I have the other atmospheric effects, but no clouds, nada, not a bit of a cloud ... . As soon as I switch EA off, clouds come back (if there are any according to HiFi's weather server). I have a strong suspicion that I'm doing something totally wrong. But what?

I have this too and I think it is related to EA only being able to show one 'theme' or whatever... I was flying into LFSB and the AS weather map showed storms, towering cumulus, rain. With EA on, I had scattered clouds (like 1/8 broken) nice day, the weather radar showed bright red storm right in front of me and when I turn off EA, the storms and clouds appear...

EA seems to render fog, low visibility, low cloud layers, etc really well, but it can't render typical summer convective weather at all.  As we get into northern hemisphere summer, I think we'll encounter a lot of weather that EA can't render in its current beta state.

So, I don't think you're doing anything wrong....and I've been seriously considering putting ASCA+Envtex+Envshade into v5 for stormy weather flying, and using EA for nice weather days...

Edited by cwburnett

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Yes, you are doing something wrong. You use EA which is clearly marked as in BETA and expect it to work flawlessly. 😉

8 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Yes, you are doing something wrong. You use EA which is clearly marked as in BETA and expect it to work flawlessly. 😉

I think I know what BETA means and I don't expect it to work flawlessly ...

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Usually I close AS then open and the clouds return. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

57 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

I have this too and I think it is related to EA only being able to show one 'theme' or whatever... I was flying into LFSB and the AS weather map showed storms, towering cumulus, rain. With EA on, I had scattered clouds (like 1/8 broken) nice day, the weather radar showed bright red storm right in front of me and when I turn off EA, the storms and clouds appear...

EA seems to render fog, low visibility, low cloud layers, etc really well, but it can't render typical summer convective weather at all.  As we get into northern hemisphere summer, I think we'll encounter a lot of weather that EA can't render in its current beta state.

So, I don't think you're doing anything wrong....and I've been seriously considering putting ASCA+Envtex+Envshade into v5 for stormy weather flying, and using EA for nice weather days...

That's why I have sky and cloud textures and models installed from Rex Skyforce with default shaders, have know the same visuals

as I had in P3Dv4.5, only with a far better performance 🙂

As for EA, can't wait till it matures more to make the switch....

Envshade has still bugs in it with weird shader effects, that's why i decide a long time ago to go with default shaders 😉

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

1 hour ago, reecemj said:

Usually I close AS then open and the clouds return. 

This works sometimes for me but mostly not. I guess cwburnett is right too. At least, I'm not alone with this problem, just wondering why there were no complaints about.

- Harry 

1 hour ago, awf said:

That's why I have sky and cloud textures and models installed from Rex Skyforce with default shaders, have know the same visuals

as I had in P3Dv4.5, only with a far better performance 🙂

As for EA, can't wait till it matures more to make the switch....

Envshade has still bugs in it with weird shader effects, that's why i decide a long time ago to go with default shaders 😉

How do u get rex into V5?

Just install manual form the gui only the models, cloud textures, and skies that's all

Before you do make first a backup 😉

Edited by awf

André

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

This works sometimes for me but mostly not. I guess cwburnett is right too. At least, I'm not alone with this problem, just wondering why there were no complaints about.

There are, but remember it's still in beta 😉

André

1 minute ago, awf said:

There are, but remember it's still in beta 😉

The old atmosphere is also unpleasant to use, as the clouds flicker.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

11 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

The old atmosphere is also unpleasant to use, as the clouds flicker.

No cloud flicker here at all, but most important difference is clouds with precipitation don't work well with EA at this point.

Really like EA however at this point in combination with AS I have EA disabled. so let's see how it will look in 5.1, and easy to switch between the too in a few seconds 😎

Edited by awf

André