Sign in to follow this  
Fly089

Freeware Scenery for P3D V5

9 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

SunSkyJet's KPHL (Philadelphia) seems to be working fine in P3Dv4 and v5, and INIBuilds has created an Dynamic Light update for it.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave. Thank you very much. I will check this out. Not sure how I missed this! 

Additionally, just want to say Thank You for your posts on settings and changes to make it easier to use Aerosoft products. All my issues were always resolved with a quick search on the Aerosoft forum and your name pops up with the solution! 🙂 

• Upvote 2

Vickram - P3D V5.3 HF2 

Lenovo Legion Y740 - CPU: i7-9750H @ 2.60 GHz | RAM: 16 GB | Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2060 6 GB | SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB

5 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

since the default airports in v5 are even worse then the default airports in FSX/P3Dv1-4 i had the idea of extending the AIGTech AFD-Convert to v5. But I have not yet decided, but if I will find the time and there is actual a big interest in such tool I will give it a try.

Hi Kai,

is this AFD-Convert tool available somewhere? I found a lot of nice FSX freeware airports for Namibia and other countries where the taxiway surfaces are nhot drawn in P3D 4. Repairing them manually with ADE is a time-consuming task...

Regards

45 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I wish orbx iceland freeware would work.  Maybe it's just me, but even with the MK BIKF I find it doesn't look very good flying there. 

I wish for that too, but I doubt it will ever see the light of day, and the freeware airport pack has been verified that it wont be developed for v5. Otoh I already installed the freeware airports for v5 . Some maybe most look good but there are those with the stock taxiways signs all over the place and not to mention the poles.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

13 minutes ago, meerkat said:

Hi Kai,

is this AFD-Convert tool available somewhere? I found a lot of nice FSX freeware airports for Namibia and other countries where the taxiway surfaces are nhot drawn in P3D 4. Repairing them manually with ADE is a time-consuming task...

Regards

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=24615.0

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

40 minutes ago, Fly089 said:

Hi Dave. Thank you very much. I will check this out. Not sure how I missed this! 

Additionally, just want to say Thank You for your posts on settings and changes to make it easier to use Aerosoft products. All my issues were always resolved with a quick search on the Aerosoft forum and your name pops up with the solution! 🙂 

Most welcome my friend

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The Drzewiecki Design airports and cityscapes all have free unlimited use demos that make for pretty nice freeware. They also have released their Miami scenery as freeware and it works in v5.

http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/

Captain7 EDAH

Orbx has some higher quality freeware available through central other than just the Airport pack.

https://simmershome.de/ has some good ones that work in v5. The Malta Complete package is great.

New Istanbul airport from the Turkish virtual airline works in v5.

There's an EDDF freeware in the avsim library by Mark Aldridge that I use in v5.

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

SunSkyJet's KPHL (Philadelphia) seems to be working fine in P3Dv4 and v5, and INIBuilds has created an Dynamic Light update for it.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave, have you tried the KDTW by those folks? Really nice in V4.5.

Vic green

1 hour ago, PATCO LCH said:

Hi Dave, have you tried the KDTW by those folks? Really nice in V4.5.

Hello Vic!  Nice to hear from you again.

Yes sir, in fact I've been a member of the SunSkyJet Internal Beta Team since about 2009.  Ian and Shez are wonderful people who have provided excellent free scenery in support flight simmers since FS9 (FS2004).  I really love those guys!

While I have KDTW, I haven't had an opportunity to try it in P3Dv5 yet.  All work and no play, so to speak.

I hope you and your family are doing well in this troubling time my friend.

Best wishes!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

New Istanbul airport from the Turkish virtual airline works in v5.

I'm pretty familiar with setting up scenery, but I'll be darned if I can figure out their instructions with a high degree of understanding and I don't have time to test each line in the XML file to be sure it's working correctly.  Would you happen to have an example of a tested and true add-on.xml entries or file itself?

Also, I've read some horror stories about frame rates with this scenery.  How did the scenery work on your system?

Dave Hodges

51 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm pretty familiar with setting up scenery, but I'll be darned if I can figure out their instructions with a high degree of understanding and I don't have time to test each line in the XML file to be sure it's working correctly.  Would you happen to have an example of a tested and true add-on.xml entries or file itself?

Also, I've read some horror stories about frame rates with this scenery.  How did the scenery work on your system?

Dave, I have the latest version and as far as I can tell, there's really just two XML entries needed.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>LTFM 202006V3</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Freeware LTFM 202006V3</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>C:\Addon Scenery\LTFM 202006V3\Effect</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>C:\Addon Scenery\LTFM 202006V3</Path>
    <Name>LTFM</Name>
    <Layer>305</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

I vsync at 30hz and am neurotically intolerant of falling below that 30fps. With my settings, I maintain 30fps at this scenery, so haven't noticed any particular performance problems in v5. It isn't perfect by any means, and there's a lot of shimmering that seems typical of non-native v5 scenery.  But it is workable. I don't use the LC addition that I think is meant to work with Orbx OpenLC Europe, because I use homebrew ortho+autogen for most of Europe. It could definitely use some ground/grass textures around the runways and taxiways...but it works for the occasional flight.

bG7vXE9.jpg

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Since almost all the 3rd party developers have jumped ship for MS2020 I've gone back to ADE.  

While waiting for my purchased version of RKSI to be converted to 5.1, I started using the RKSI version included with 5.1 and could not tell a lot of difference especially at night and using the east side cargo ramps. 

There have been so many changes to the taxiways at KJFK that I stopped using the payware version and updated the default taxiways with ADE.   

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On 7/5/2020 at 2:39 AM, cwburnett said:

There's an EDDF freeware in the avsim library by Mark Aldridge that I use in v5.

You are kidding me!!%&$ 😮

I designed that years ago. I know I made some early modifications for the taxiways to work in P3D v1 but that was long before I purchased v4 and now v5.

I must try my own software one day!  I also thought everyone stopped using it because Aerosoft came along with their updated version.

Although if I decided to update it and create Terminal 3, then it would certainly be ahead of Aerosoft again. 😉

Edited by aldridgem

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

So, one thing I've been doing is taking FSX and P3D v4 scenery and recompiling them with ADE and the SDK for P3Dv5. I do this by opening the BGL in ADE and select Taxi Links from the Lists menu, click on Reset all Draw Flags, and then compile. Most of the time it works. I'd say 70/30 and it seems if the author used default objects you have better success.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS