Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How to limit AI traffic with AI Cull?

Recommended Posts

Could someone give me an explanation on how I can limit the amount of AI I have for better performance?


Aaron Vinci

----------------

Intel i9 10900K (no overclock) / Windows 10 Pro 2004 64 bit / 64GB DDR4 3200MHz CL 16RAM / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB RAM / 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) / 2TB SATA SSD / 4TB SATA HDD / 850watt PSU

Share this post


Link to post

Does that actually work?


Aaron Vinci

----------------

Intel i9 10900K (no overclock) / Windows 10 Pro 2004 64 bit / 64GB DDR4 3200MHz CL 16RAM / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB RAM / 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) / 2TB SATA SSD / 4TB SATA HDD / 850watt PSU

Share this post


Link to post

You can limit the amount of AI Traffic with utilities like AI Companion (Find it at the Alpha India Group website, freeware), AI Cull (Find it here in the AVSIM Library, freeware by Roland Foster) and FSUIPC (well known utility, payware by the Dowson’s, Pete and John). There’re probably some more, but any of the mentioned above should do the work for you).

Cheers, Ed


Ed Patino

P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XI Hero Z390 - CPU Intel i7-8086k 6-cores - 32GB RAM - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB - 3 x SSD x 1TB Crucial/Samsung + 1 x SSD 2TB Crucial + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD External Seagate 2TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX 2070 - 2TB SSD - 2TB HDD // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Does that actually work?

FFTF Dynamic has nothing to do with limiting the AI Traffic. It works really well in making your sim more fluid in complex airports by modifying the FFTF parameter in the Prepar3D.CFG file. I highly recommend it too.

Cheers, Ed

  • Like 1

Ed Patino

P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XI Hero Z390 - CPU Intel i7-8086k 6-cores - 32GB RAM - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB - 3 x SSD x 1TB Crucial/Samsung + 1 x SSD 2TB Crucial + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD External Seagate 2TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX 2070 - 2TB SSD - 2TB HDD // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post

So FFTF can give me good performance when I'm about to take off and land at busy airports with AI traffic? These are the 2 times when my performance matters the most. During enroute phase my performance is normal.


Aaron Vinci

----------------

Intel i9 10900K (no overclock) / Windows 10 Pro 2004 64 bit / 64GB DDR4 3200MHz CL 16RAM / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB RAM / 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) / 2TB SATA SSD / 4TB SATA HDD / 850watt PSU

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So FFTF can give me good performance when I'm about to take off and land at busy airports with AI traffic? These are the 2 times when my performance matters the most. During enroute phase my performance is normal.

You'll need to limit traffic anyway, no really connection to FFTF Dynamic. The easiest way is to use traffic settings in P3D. The most flexible and adjustable way is still to buy FSUIPC. I'm not familiar with AI Cull though, or just forgot it.

Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I'm not familiar with AI Cull though, or just forgot it.

If you want to try or know more, do a search here at the AVSIM Library. "AI Cull" is an excellent freeware utility developed by Roland Foster (find it using his name during the search). Roland also developed two utilities that can work together with "AI Cull" named "AI Ground" (to help/improve the management of the AI traffic on ground - taxi, take-offs) and "AI Flow" (the same during the flight). These three utilities can be installed using the add-ons.xml method, so no need to start them manually before or after your start your sim. The "AI Cull" utility has also an in-sim menu where you can configure key parameters to manage the AI traffic overall. I'm actually using the three of them instead of FSUIPC, as they look more powerful to me.

Cheers, Ed

[EDIT]: And it looks like Roland will be constantly improving those AI traffic utilities!.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Ed Patino

P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XI Hero Z390 - CPU Intel i7-8086k 6-cores - 32GB RAM - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB - 3 x SSD x 1TB Crucial/Samsung + 1 x SSD 2TB Crucial + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD External Seagate 2TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX 2070 - 2TB SSD - 2TB HDD // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, captain420 said:

So FFTF can give me good performance when I'm about to take off and land at busy airports with AI traffic?

Aaron

It will improve performance though how much is dependent on many factors as you would know ....... one of those being AI spawn.

I do believe all else aside that your need to limit AI spawn will be less to give your targeted "good performance"


for now, cheers

john martin

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, edpatino said:

If you want to try or know more, do a search here at the AVSIM Library. "AI Cull" is an excellent freeware utility developed by Roland Foster (find it using his name during the search). Roland also developed two utilities that can work together with "AI Cull" named "AI Ground" (to help/improve the management of the AI traffic on ground - taxi, take-offs) and "AI Flow" (the same during the flight). These three utilities can be installed using the add-ons.xml method, so no need to start them manually before or after your start your sim. The "AI Cull" utility has also an in-sim menu where you can configure key parameters to manage the AI traffic overall. I'm actually using the three of them instead of FSUIPC, as they look more powerful to me.

Cheers, Ed

[EDIT]: And it looks like Roland will be constantly improving those AI traffic utilities!.

Ed, I used to use AI Cull and the other two circa 2017. I've found them all in my acronis backups just out of interest. FSUIPC works best for me now. Neither AI Ground nor AI Flow never changed the usual AI b/s behavior like day and night for me. For what it matters VOXATC has been a much better option overall for separation and avoidance of its AI traffic. I really used to like another software by Roland Foster namely AIController, that could manage the outbound and inbound AI traffic along actual SIDs and STARs. I used them all some time ago.

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Ed, I used to use AI Cull and the other two circa 2017. I've found them all in my acronis backups just out of interest. FSUIPC works best for me now. Neither AI Ground nor AI Flow never changed the usual AI b/s behavior like day and night for me. For what it matters VOXATC has been a much better option overall for separation and avoidance of its AI traffic. I really used to like another software by Roland Foster namely AIController, that could manage the outbound and inbound AI traffic along actual SIDs and STARs. I used them all some time ago.

Thanks.

Probably I didn't mention, but the AI traffic utilities I'm talking about were very recently released by Roland, brand new ones.

Just in case.

Cheers, Ed

  • Like 1

Ed Patino

P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XI Hero Z390 - CPU Intel i7-8086k 6-cores - 32GB RAM - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB - 3 x SSD x 1TB Crucial/Samsung + 1 x SSD 2TB Crucial + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD External Seagate 2TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // P3Dv4.5 hf3 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX 2070 - 2TB SSD - 2TB HDD // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, edpatino said:

If you want to try or know more, do a search here at the AVSIM Library. "AI Cull" is an excellent freeware utility developed by Roland Foster (find it using his name during the search). Roland also developed two utilities that can work together with "AI Cull" named "AI Ground" (to help/improve the management of the AI traffic on ground - taxi, take-offs) and "AI Flow" (the same during the flight). These three utilities can be installed using the add-ons.xml method, so no need to start them manually before or after your start your sim. The "AI Cull" utility has also an in-sim menu where you can configure key parameters to manage the AI traffic overall. I'm actually using the three of them instead of FSUIPC, as they look more powerful to me.

Cheers, Ed

[EDIT]: And it looks like Roland will be constantly improving those AI traffic utilities!.

This is what I'm currently using, they are 3 excellent addons to have. Still haven't really messed with AI Cull yet to limit my AI. But will give it a try.


Aaron Vinci

----------------

Intel i9 10900K (no overclock) / Windows 10 Pro 2004 64 bit / 64GB DDR4 3200MHz CL 16RAM / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB RAM / 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) / 2TB SATA SSD / 4TB SATA HDD / 850watt PSU

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,075.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...