Sign in to follow this  
Pilot_76

FS2020 AI traffic editor

Has anyone any news regarding creating traffic? I haven't found anything on a traffic editor. I am afraid that on Day 1 I won't be able to create AI traffic to follow my plane to an airfield that I choose. I will get frustrated if this is not available on day1.

I don’t know that there is a traffic editor per say but maybe you can adjust the default settings via sliders.

From what I’ve read the AI traffic is generated via real-time real world flight plans and routes and will all happen automatically and dynamically via Flightaware software sharing.

Not sure about GA at this point although if a GA AC has filed a flight plan it will probably populate the route and traffic as well.

How much of this will be in the release is yet to be seen!

Chris Camp

2 hours ago, Pilot_76 said:

I will get frustrated if this is not available on day1.

be prepared to frustrated.

Out of box it's unlikely we will be able to edit ai flight plans. Though It's possible the SDK kit may have something. Otherwise we will have to wait until 3rd party developer releases something. I'm eager to get my hands dirty and start creating my own ai flight plans.

It's great that they are teaming with flightaware to provide live data and traffic. However this won't work for offline mode so there is bound to be custom flight plan data in there.

I can't wait to start creating and editing flight plan data. 

Also, live traffic works if and only if you’re flying in real time. 

if in your sim it’s noon in London but in reality it’s 3am in London you’ll get very little traffic. 

not to mention what happens with aircraft that are at the gate before departure? Will planes just appear right before pushback? 

i was never a fan of live ai-traffic for p3d or fsx and certainly hope 2020 will have a similar way of having BGL offline traffic. While imperfect it still beats live. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I don’t know that there is a traffic editor per say but maybe you can adjust the default settings via sliders.

From what I’ve read the AI traffic is generated via real-time real world flight plans and routes and will all happen automatically and dynamically via Flightaware software sharing.

Not sure about GA at this point although if a GA AC has filed a flight plan it will probably populate the route and traffic as well.

How much of this will be in the release is yet to be seen!

That is what I hope to get. Maybe in the following weeks after launch an SDK might be released.

8 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

Will it feature real world airlines?

Only repaints made by users and 3rd party I gues...

7 hours ago, polosim said:

be prepared to frustrated.

As always on FS launches. Not enough tools available for mods...

6 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

Also, live traffic works if and only if you’re flying in real time. 

if in your sim it’s noon in London but in reality it’s 3am in London you’ll get very little traffic. 

not to mention what happens with aircraft that are at the gate before departure? Will planes just appear right before pushback? 

i was never a fan of live ai-traffic for p3d or fsx and certainly hope 2020 will have a similar way of having BGL offline traffic. While imperfect it still beats live. 

I take off in a Cessna 172 following a P-51, with a B-17, B-25, B-29 and a Convair from Pan AM or TWA holding short of the runway because a C-5 Galaxy is on final waiting for a B-2 bomber to clear the runway. That is how I want it. FS9 made it possible.

6 hours ago, Chrism6285 said:

Out of box it's unlikely we will be able to edit ai flight plans. Though It's possible the SDK kit may have something. Otherwise we will have to wait until 3rd party developer releases something. I'm eager to get my hands dirty and start creating my own ai flight plans.

It's great that they are teaming with flightaware to provide live data and traffic. However this won't work for offline mode so there is bound to be custom flight plan data in there.

I can't wait to start creating and editing flight plan data. 

Yup, offline will be a surprise to see how it will be handled by us, users. I would design a window where you could select aircraft from a list and edit one by one on the fly to set destinations and departure times. Quick AI traffic making...Also something like "City X - City Y" where you choose two TMAs where the sim would generate traffic only between these two locations for you to fly in a 500 nm radius for instance...

56 minutes ago, Pilot_76 said:

Only repaints made by users and 3rd party I gues...

Well, there was an Iberia A320 in the launch trailer.

FS2020 with Lufthansa FSPainter MD-11 / Boeing 777F / A380

After a few attempts, the AI traffic flight plan and the planes from FSPainter are working

10k.jpg

11k.jpg

12k.jpg

13k.jpg

14k.jpg

15k.jpg

https://www.aitraffic.ch

• Like 2

How I miss the A.I traffic 🙁

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.