Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

More leak videos

I notice that the female controller says "resumé" rather than "resume" - perhaps indicative of a generic speech synthesis model at work. Sounds good otherwise, though. I almost felt a rising irritation from the intital controller 🙂

Even with the bad video quality , the leaked footage has only gotten me more excited. Cant wait. 

• Like 2

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

46 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

MS should've had included as part of the NDA a flat $25,000 USD for breaking it. Simples. 

Do you really think an alpha tester would sign such condition when a computer or xbox is a physical device that can be stolen and may cause a leak ? 

• Upvote 2

Duplicate post

Edited by 109Sqn
duplicate post

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

14 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Hopefully that wasn't a video of bad flight dynamics and just jerky control by the pilot!😊

At 3:33, off to port, there was a large white cross. Perhaps it was 2 runways, but it seemed to be pointing up into the air. Optical illusion or part of the watermarking, I'm not sure.

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

14 minutes ago, Nate1 said:

I notice that the female controller says "resumé" rather than "resume" - perhaps indicative of a generic speech synthesis model at work. Sounds good otherwise, though. I almost felt a rising irritation from the intital controller 🙂

And, apparently, we still have the additional "with you." from FSX at the end of the initial contact.

Edited by GearUp180
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mp15 said:

Do you really think an alpha tester would sign such condition when a computer or xbox is a physical device that can be stolen and may cause a leak ? 

While it was a stupid remark, I would say of course they would. If the computer is stolen, then you would have a Police crime number which could be passed over to Microsoft. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

While it was a stupid remark, I would say of course they would. If the computer is stolen, then you would have a Police crime number which could be passed over to Microsoft.

no what you are saying is stupid, if things were organized the way you support with a possoble fine, there wouldnt be any alpha testers collaborating in bug research.

3 minutes ago, mp15 said:

no what you are saying is stupid, if things were organized the way you support with a possoble fine, there wouldnt be any alpha testers collaborating in bug research.

Sigh. Just think about it for a second. Why wouldn't there be any alpha testers? 

1 minute ago, mp15 said:

You shouldn’t talk about things you have no clue about.

I am an alpha tester for Star Citizen and unlike with MS I actually had to sign a real NDA and provide a scan of my passport. And there are 3000 of us now who did so. 

• Like 3

Lukas Dalton

1 hour ago, Heli said:

Has there been a leaked video showing large desolate AI areas, such as the Amazon jungle

I flew up the Amazon river for a bit.  It looks exactly like it looks in Google Earth.  Trees everywhere.  An occasional small building.

The Orinoco is much more interesting.

Hook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

19 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Hopefully that wasn't a video of bad flight dynamics and just jerky control by the pilot!😊

The flight dynamics looked a little bit ropey to me with that A320 (and by that I mean overall for the sim behaviour, not specific to the aircraft), with it doing that thing which a lot of flight sims do unfortunately, whereby the aeroplane keeps going straight but the thing teeters around in the yaw axis with little feeling of directional inertia. That can sometimes occur in a real aeroplane, but normally it's only in something light with not much inertia from speed, mass and thrust, it doesn't really occur with big heavy aeroplanes which are belting along at 300 knots or more being propelled by two jet engines which are each kicking out well over 20,000lbs of thrust.

I guess it remains to be seen just how much that sort of thing occurs with the sim as a whole, and on the plus side it does look very good, but as I say, that swinging about behaviour whilst in cruise looked a bit dodgy to me and I had hoped we'd got past that.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just now, shawty1984 said:

Sigh. Just think about it for a second. Why wouldn't there be any alpha testers? 

Nobody or just a few will commit to pay $25k in order to be an alpha tester, if a leak happens without the knowledge of the alpha tester, it is a lot of money involved and better not to be involved at all.