Sign in to follow this  
andrevieira

Real Traffic / AI

Wait time is a thing that many people dont talk about alot when you want to be realistic thats when you wait to get to your destination like in real life . 
just pray that real life ramp action is never simulated...

• Like 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 hours ago, LHookins said:

you're 37th in line for takeoff

And your hoping you don't run out of fuel. :laugh:

I'm in Alaska myself, I set it down in Ketchikan. I thought about going to Calgary next. :happy:

• Like 1

Hopefully models and paint schemes will be added and can be linked to real time traffic. It was also be pretty cool to add N numbers to the paint schemes for special aircraft. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Yup, it's not actually that uncommon at EGCC - although less so at the moment with reduced flight numbers - to find an airliner has to wait for a slot for departure because of airspace being busy over Europe. Usually occurs with KLM and Air France the most.

That can easily mean a wait of an hour, maybe even two, before you get your push and start approved. It's actually a real PITA if you are the ground crew waiting to push that flight out with the tug, because that kind of delay is always 'subject to change', so it's not like you can nip off away from the stand; you literally have to wait there, sat in a tug, listening to ATC on the off chance that you hear push and start approved for that stand. And sod's law is that it always occurs when you were just about to go on a break.

If anyone wants that kind of realism, they must be mental.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

But returning to the initial question, do you think that soon there will be people working to put the original planes/liveries on fs20?

I think that the first two default features that will be replaced will be the ATC and AI traffic. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Joyal said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but that probably won't happen. Imagine the work, and licensing fees for all 5000+ airlines in the world.

The program Ultimate Traffic for FSX had hundreds if not thousands of liveries. If MS doesn't do it I imagine someone else will.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I think that the first two default features that will be replaced will be the ATC and AI traffic. 

first we need the SDK 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

17 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

first we need the SDK 😉

It's supposedly available to everyone on 18 August with the release version of MSFS.

I want to correct myself, I saw a United livery in a video of AI traffic so it might come after all

On 8/1/2020 at 12:11 AM, Chock said:

If anyone wants that kind of realism, they must be mental.

I hear ya. 'Luckily' these things don't happen a lot right now for obvious reasons. But seriously no one wants that in a sim. It's like having the simulated jetway break down just before retracting and you wait an hour for the mech. These things are bad enough irl, there is zero need to simulate them.

United is the only livery we've seen testing. There are more liveries in the official videos but from my understand is the team has been negotiating with various airlines for use their logos but things got delayed with COVID. And I don't think right now is the best time trying to get copyright permissions with a lot of airlines on the brink of bankruptcy.

So, maybe we need wait for 3rd people working for this. 
I hope because i want realism and not bad default planes and liveries.

I am really hoping that the community (payware or freeware) can come up with something once the SDK is released. While I almost always fly with live weather, I typically set the sim time to a time where the airport will be busy. I do this to get the right combo of high traffic and interesting weather. This is why live traffic really doesn't work for me.

To me, AIG is the gold standard - having all of the special liveries flying around is so cool, and I can't see my passion for that level of AI going away. We'll see soon enough.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad