Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Release Date Change?

Be interesting to see if there is a price change on some stuff. Of course either upward or downward, the price people paid for pre-ordering would have to stand, in most countries, that's counted as a confirmed contract.

With regard to release date changes. I said a while back they should have fired out the beta/preview version to people who paid for it. People who've spent money on it are psychologically invested in it and they'd probably be more inclined to be positive about it because of that, on anything they fired out to youtube. It'd be a smart move marketing-wise.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I think AVSIM should charge a Fee for visiting the site for the next month or so. As with the roll out with most Simulators, the forums here are worth paying to watch. In many cases the roll out offers more entertainment than the actual simulator at least for a month or so. LOL!!

• Like 4

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

6 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I think AVSIM should charge a Fee for visiting the site for the next month or so. As with the roll out with most Simulators, the forums here are worth paying to watch. In many cases the roll out offers more entertainment than the actual simulator at least for a month or so. LOL!!

Well, there's nothing stopping anyone from hitting that donate button.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

37 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well, there's nothing stopping anyone from hitting that donate button.

True....I did already think of that and as soon as the wife goes to work on Monday I will get a little cash out of the grocery fund and do just that!! LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

True....I did already think of that and as soon as the wife goes to work on Monday I will get a little cash out of the grocery fund and do just that!! LOL

Actually if everyone did that with a couple of quid it would be awesome. Not for grocers obviously, but frankly they've been asking for it ever since they started butchering the apostrophe. 🤣

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

The last dev-log posted by Microsoft a couple days ago mentioned the game would launch on the 18th. It would be very surprising to see Microsoft delay the release now. Also Windows store now says I can open it up on the 17th...

Yeah, I think that '17th' bit refers to it being available for download at 23:00 on the 17th, so I wouldn't get too excited.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Well the price change certainly sucks.  There was nothing about a certain price for a limited time. Its showing me 134CHF/135$USD. I held out to free up some funds. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

3 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Well the price change certainly sucks.  There was nothing about a certain price for a limited time. Its showing me 134CHF/135$USD. I held out to free up some funds. 

Is that more than it had previously been?

Alan Bradbury

The price change is due to there being volatility in the world currency markets these past couple weeks.

Edited by Heli

36 minutes ago, Chock said:

Is that more than it had previously been?

Yea. Supposed to be $120 USD for Premium as per all the advertisements and media.   A tad less in Swiss Francs. 

CYVR LSZH 

9 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Yea. Supposed to be $120 USD for Premium as per all the advertisements and media.   A tad less in Swiss Francs. 

I was about to say that USD prices exclude VAT, but then I did some math and have to say for digital distribution to change the price above that is short of a rip-off and ought to be illegal.

According to my calculations even with Swiss VAT the price ought to be 118,08CHF. Why Microsoft thinks they can charge an excess of more than 15 CHF is beyond me.

In Germany you just have to pay an excess of a little over 2€. Which is acceptable, however not really warranted either. Why does no one do correct conversion of prices?

Edited by Farlis

6 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I was about to say that USD prices exclude VAT, but then I did some math and have to say for digital distribution to change the price above that is short of a rip-off and ought to be illegal.

According to my calculations even with Swiss VAT the price ought to be 118,08CHF. Why Microsoft thinks they can charge an excess of more than 15 CHF is beyond me.

In Germany you just have to pay an excess of a little over 2€. Which is acceptable, however not really warranted either. Why does no one do correct conversion of prices?

Something is not making sense. The offficial site still shows $120USD.   Yet if you go to the MS Store and or Steam, its showing the increased price.  Does no one else have a price increase at the MS store or Steam?

CYVR LSZH 

From what I’ve read so far. The release date is only changing by a couple of hours. Another point I’ve noticed is that not everyone has received this message. 

I suspect it’s to stagger the release among different regions so they’re servers have time to scale up and don’t immediately get hammered all within the same minute. It also explains why the release is delayed by only a few hours, to stagger the download requests on their CDN servers.