Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | The Camera System

I absolutely hope Chaseplane comes to MSFS.  Or MSFS uses similar functionality to save preset views per specific aircraft.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, Chock said:

Functionality-wise, it's very similar to ChasePlane.

so you can save individual views (unique to different aircraft) and then bind them to a key?  Ie, push left on controller A while in the 737 and show EFB.  Push up and show Overhead panel.  etc etc. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

That was an observation based on the video posted, not a confirmation. I'm one of the great unwashed who's not got the beta, so I couldn't tell you. 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

i had the alpha but never had the patience to thoroughly test this part.  don't have it installed anymore, so can't test it. 

Is it possible to set up a X-box controller to control the camera system, OR can we assign ie. the numeric keys to different camera views? 

And what will you prefer, the extra x-box controller (if it's possible) or the numeric keys on your keyboard?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

30 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Plane specific. There are videos on YouTube showcasing that.

27 minutes ago, Chock said:

Functionality-wise, it's very similar to ChasePlane.

thanks for that info, there are also alot of showcase vids with not presetting at all.

I just saw Squirrel's VFR vid and was he using TrackIR ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

50 minutes ago, jlund said:

Is it possible to set up a X-box controller to control the camera system, OR can we assign ie. the numeric keys to different camera views? 

And what will you prefer, the extra x-box controller (if it's possible) or the numeric keys on your keyboard?

Yes, the Xbox controller is recommended. It comes setup to use the drone camera and it works perfectly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GCBraun said:

There is a cockpit camera saving system. Pretty similar to X-Plane’s implementation.  

Does this mean presets with customs views (key binding)?

I don't really remember X-Plane's system as I always used the X-Camera Addon that allowed for views. offsets, and key binding. The system also had views that would disable Trackir while in that view.

There was a profile for each plane.

TrackIR support is great, but is there a FOV view ? I.m planning to get a 49 inch monitor and run it whole screen, so I would like to adjust my FOV to make a bit more realistic experience. In X-Plane there is X-Camera, witch is far more better than the default camera, and this brings the next question, Can I set TrackIR limits in MSFS 2020 ? If the default camera in MSFS 2020 is really bad, I hope that there will be a 3rd party improvement, in FSX there was one, I just can´t remember it´s name. Well we wait and see couple of weeks

49 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Does this mean presets with customs views (key binding)?

I would be curious; someone said you can save 10 views to a key of choice?

Is that 10 VC and 10 external etc?  Or 10 all told?

Simon

Edited by simon747
change

Simon