Sign in to follow this  
booga

Scenery cache for those with slow internet

Please could somebody with access to the beta let me know if you can download and save the scenery for specific regions, so you don’t have to stream it during a flight? My internet is terrible (6mbps download speed), and I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to take advantage of the high res scenery by streaming in real time, especially when connected to Vatsim.

I do not have beta access but as I have read, that is a feature that is available. The exact operation I do not know but caching scenery for offline flying is available.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yep have been wondering about that Too since I am a download speed challenged individual. It would be nice if we could get past how pretty the pictures are but don't think we will get there til it's been out a while.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Just now, shivers9 said:

Yep have been wondering about that Too since I am a download speed challenged individual. It would be nice if we could get past how pretty the pictures are but don't think we will get there til it's been out a while.

AT&T?

Dave-Aerosoft-2021-Small.png

3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

AT&T?

Yep...sad to say. LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

Just now, shivers9 said:

Yep...sad to say. LOL

I hear you there Sam.  I've been with Cox since moving back to the area, but I knew ahead of time that I'd need the high speed due to flight sim work and my company being in Germany.  Paid off when I was doing research on Virtual Machines around the world running P3D.  But it also isn't cheap.

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I hear you there Sam.  I've been with Cox since moving back to the area, but I knew ahead of time that I'd need the high speed due to flight sim work and my company being in Germany.  Paid off when I was doing research on Virtual Machines around the world running P3D.  But it also isn't cheap.

I have everything thru AT&T and so it would be easier to change my citizenship than go through that goat rope. LOL...I am not that concerned about it since about 95% of my "flying" is low and slow GA and mostly here in the south. When it's time and this MS deal gets time to be sorted out I will do ok with caching what I need I am sure. For now going to stick with P3D until I can't stand the pressure anymore LOL!!

Sam

3 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I have everything thru AT&T and so it would be easier to change my citizenship than go through that goat rope. LOL...I am not that concerned about it since about 95% of my "flying" is low and slow GA and mostly here in the south. When it's time and this MS deal gets time to be sorted out I will do ok with caching what I need I am sure. For now going to stick with P3D until I can't stand the pressure anymore LOL!!

Well, after I'm free and clear of the NDA (post release), you are welcome to stop by and see MSFS (I still have and will continue to have P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 installed and running.

Here in 1.5 weeks I'll have the new Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant, so  you'd be able to experience MSFS, Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle Quadrant around the 18th.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, after I'm free and clear of the NDA (post release), you are welcome to stop by and see MSFS (I still have and will continue to have P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 installed and running.

Here in 1.5 weeks I'll have the new Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant, so  you'd be able to experience MSFS, Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle Quadrant around the 18th.

Thanks Dave and if we can stay healthy (fingers crossed) we can make that happen. Hard to beat that offer!!

Sam

AT&T ...just installed xfinity internet  300 GBPs for less than their 25 cost per month.  The odd part is that a fiber line runs through the easement in my front yard and they do not have anything better to offer than 45 GBPs for even more than I am paying for actual high speed internet.

I9-10900kf - rtx3090

32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K