Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

How many controllers can MSF handle

6 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Sequential Gear Shifter (probably could do without this in Flight sims)

Just as you won't need the steering wheel. 😉

I may assign my G920 gear shifter to flaps that will free up my keyboard assignments 😁

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

11 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Just as you won't need the steering wheel. 😉

The steering wheel has many buttons on it so yes I will more than likely need that 🙂

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 minutes ago, MarcG said:

The steering wheel has many buttons on it so yes I will more than likely need that 🙂

In VR? Not from my experience. The most immersive experience, even though it can be a hit and miss at times, is leaning over to the buttons and switches in the cockpit and flip them with the mouse.

But this depends on how Asobo will implement VR. Maybe one can use the touch controlers in conjunction with the real controllers.

Just now, Farlis said:

In VR? Not from my experience. The most immersive experience, even though it can be a hit and miss at times, is leaning over to the buttons and switches in the cockpit and flip them with the mouse.

But this depends on how Asobo will implement VR. Maybe one can use the touch controlers in conjunction with the real controllers.

Yeah VR implementation and how they deal with it will be key (hoping for a Head Pointer bound to a button), the above setup with the Wheel and Pedals worked very well in Elite Dangerous, even used the sequential shifter for Landing Gear in that so no reason I can't do the same in MSF2020 (again if they support a lot of USB devices of course).

As i said it's all about muscle memory, i know where the button boxes, shifters etc are from years of VR in racing Sims & the aforementioned Elite.

I suppose the good thing about having to fly in Pancake from the start is it will give me time to setup the buttons on everything, so I'm ready for when VR arrives 🙂

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 hours ago, LHookins said:

Uh, Vic?  I think looking around is the whole point of the drone cam. 😄 

I haven't messed with it at all but it gives a lot of flexibility.  

Hook

Yes Hook but if I am doing an ifr flight from a to b the drone cam provides NO realism at all. It's more of a game feature. Just like the tower view and flyby, they're nice but not useful in actual flight other than an entertainment factor. Just like just sitting in the cockpit during a rainstorm and watching AI takeoff and land - just fun.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

15 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

the drone cam provides NO realism at all.

What I was responding to was your comment that the drone cam was useless unless you wanted to look around.  

I do my flying from the cockpit with TrackIR.  VFR and I try to avoid clouds.  I also take screen shots, sometimes from the exterior of the aircraft.  I really don't know how many uses the drone cam can have, just that it has a lot of flexibility.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

I really don't know how many uses the drone cam can have, just that it has a lot of flexibility.

I think we're in agreement.  

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

PS4 Dual Shock Controller? Bluetooth and USB. I wonder if I could use it for camera operation like an XBox controller?