Sign in to follow this  
jlund

Azure or Blackshark AI?

1 minute ago, tweekz said:

That's the point. I see no indication they're willing to dig deep into the gaming market, especially on a well populated niche.

You are aware Google are launching a gaming platform that will compete with MS as well as others, the next few years could be interesting.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

15 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I don't see it as a dead end.  Sure, the current version is based on older technology, except for Enhanced Atmospherics which isn't even finished yet.  But what might P3Dv6 be like?  Imagine a partnership between Lockheed Martin, Google and Hifi (makers of Active Sky) to bring a "generation after next" flight sim to market.

Hook

Technological dead end. Just my opinion and believe me no schadenfreude here. On the contrary. And they don't need to team with Google, they have the same imagery suppliers and a strong competence in target recognition. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

You are aware Google are launching a gaming platform that will compete with MS as well as others, the next few years could be interesting.

No, I didn't know that.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

And they don't need to team with Google

There are other advantages to team with Google than a "need". 😄 

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

26 minutes ago, tweekz said:

No, I didn't know that.

It's called Google Stadia. It's a new type of gaming service called 'Cloud Gaming' which operates in a similar fashion to Netflix. The game is stored and rendered in a datacenter, so you, the gamer, only have to worry about downloading a client software and having a good internet connection.

You just operate the controls which is then relayed to a server farm which has all the powerful CPU's and GPU's to do the heavy work for you, which then streams the output video to you in real time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

It's called Google Stadia. It's a new type of gaming service called 'Cloud Gaming' which operates in a similar fashion to Netflix. The game is stored and rendered in a datacenter, so you, the gamer, only have to worry about downloading a client software and having a good internet connection.

You just operate the controls which is then relayed to a server farm which has all the powerful CPU's and GPU's to do the heavy work for you, which then streams the output video to you in real time.

Ah yes... heard of that and it seems interesting.

But I was talking about game development.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

That LM might have the necessary infrastructure is a good point. But it would be an awful lot of work when it’s already been done for them in MFS. They have no need to get into the entertainment industry but as with P3D, I suspect certified training software would still be of interest to them. So I can we’ll see them licensing again from MS and then beefing up the system for that purpose.

There’s a parallel to this in Bohemia Interactive’s software. Their Operation Flashpoint/Arma series of games were melded into a professional training version called Virtual Battlespace (VBS) which they have licensed to numerous militaries around the world. It’s a parallel development team and software design but with much more diagnostics embedded within it, plus other training-specific capabilities.

https://bisimulations.com/products/vbs3

4 hours ago, tweekz said:

If it's not Google, Apple or Amazon itself, it is doubtful.

Otherwise you would have to pay them, which is probably more expensive than if you can do it in-house. Thus you will either need a really well flourishing addon market with integrated market-place or a paid subscription.

Google will start one completely half @$$3d, a month or two later cancel the whole thing. Turn it into a messaging app.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Already launched 8 months ago and deemed a bit of a failure within the gaming community. 

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Bottle said:

That LM might have the necessary infrastructure is a good point. But it would be an awful lot of work when it’s already been done for them in MFS. They have no need to get into the entertainment industry but as with P3D, I suspect certified training software would still be of interest to them. So I can we’ll see them licensing again from MS and then beefing up the system for that purpose.

LM doesn't have an Azure- class infra, if I am not mistaken, but they have an AI and they work closely with people like Maxar I think. So they could do their own product and work with Amazon or... Azure.

But lets suppose that they want to license the Asobo engine for their pro market. Will MS accept ? Doubtful if the Redmont people see a potential in the institutional market. And my prediction is that they will.

It is just speculation from my part, no affirmation. The AI processing of GIS data  is just of some interest to me. An amateur. A retiree trying to keep up with the world 😄.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 8/9/2020 at 8:01 AM, David Mills said:

Black Shark Matters!

Yes, it truly does matter, more than we first realize. Having said that, 'All' aspects of MFS matter. No aspect of MFS exists in a bubble, MFS is an all encompassing ecosystem. 

• Like 1