Sign in to follow this  
Oskar Speer

Compering MSFS and MSF

10 hours ago, Oskar Speer said:

-Hi! I have carefully compared MSFS 2020 and MS Flight (2012) and found that there are no differences; scenery, texture, sky, weather, A/C, flight dynamic, realism, immersion etc. All parameters are exactly the same. Only the name of the simulator has change and some bird and water improvement has being added. I had high expectations for MSFS 2020 but now I am very disappointed. I will continue to use my faithful Flight Simulator 5.1 and save my money for a pair of  new shoes (for my two feet).

Not so funny, neither so clever. It's only a stupid trolling.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Oskar Speer said:

I will continue to use my faithful Flight Simulator 5.1

But why use 5.1? Have you thought about switching to Windows 95 at all? Framerates with Flight Simulator 95 will probably be vastly improved for you on that platform!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AirWayMan said:

Flight has no real sim features (its an Arcade Game)

Wrong. Try the landing challenges included in the package. That is hardcore simming.

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

3 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Wrong. Try the landing challenges included in the package. That is hardcore simming.

if you say so, personally "Landing Challenges" that has no use of charts or even a map (not available for missions) to obtain navigation information is not 'simming'
You literally fly to the Big Yellow Marker and land any which way you can, real sims dont have BIG YELLOW MISSION MARKERS imo

but you are welcome to your opinion as well, so i will concede its a sim in the most broad sense of the word
the same way you could call any video game with an airplane a Flight Sim such as Roblox

2 minutes ago, AirWayMan said:

if you say so, personally "Landing Challenges" that has no use of charts or even a map (not available for missions) to obtain navigation information is not 'simming'
You literally fly to the Big Yellow Marker and land any which way you can, real sims dont have BIG YELLOW MISSION MARKERS imo

but you are welcome to your opinion as well, so i will concede its a sim in the most broad sense of the word
the same way you could call any video game with an airplane a Flight Sim such as Roblox

Actually I was talking about the handling of the aircraft, that was escellent! I agree Flight was lacking in quite a lot of departments 🙂

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

15 minutes ago, AirWayMan said:

So... how DID you do on the landing challenges in Microsoft Flight?

The third Stearman challenge ate my lunch, until I spent an hour "flying hoops" and learned to better control the aircraft.  You know, the same "flying hoops" you do on every landing in your airliner.

When you're flying in the bush (the Stearman landing challenges were at very bushy airstrips) you don't have charts to guide you and no navigation information.  No such thing as SIDS and STARS.  You have to do it seat of your pants.  Do you think you could do it?

Hook

Edited by LHookins
  • Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

14 minutes ago, LHookins said:

So... how DID you do on the landing challenges in Microsoft Flight?

The third Stearman challenge ate my lunch, until I spent an hour "flying hoops" and learned to better control the aircraft.  You know, the same "flying hoops" you do on every landing in your airliner.

When you're flying in the bush (the Stearman landing challenges were at a very bushy airstrip) you don't have charts to guide you and no navigation information.  No such thing as SIDS and STARS.  You have to do it seat of your pants.  Do you think you could do it?

Hook

i did great (im a VFR bush pilot by choice), in fact i like Flight, it could have made a great 'game' but it got bashed for not being the 'sim' that people wanted and expected from MS (using VOR radio navigation is a BIG part of VFR bush flying btw)
i still use Flight since the graphics are great and as you say the flight mechanics are not too bad for a casual simmer such as myself
but even that (the flight mechanics) was attacked with enthusiasm by the 'hard core' simmers

personally i think Flight would have made a great casual flight 'game' had there not been this pre-concieved notion of what MS 'should have made' at the time
i bought into it as a 'game' so i enjoyed it and was sadly disappointed when they dropped it (even if i was not surprised by it)

Edited by AirWayMan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AirWayMan said:

i did great (im a VFR bush pilot by choice)

Love it!  Then you know what I'm talking about.

My response was tailored for the "Serious Simmers" who looked down on anyone who didn't fly the PMDG 737NGX.

MSFS is going to allow us to "bush fly" the entire world.  It doesn't get much better than that.  Any remaining problems are easily overlooked when you're having that much fun.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

16 hours ago, Oskar Speer said:

-Hi! I have carefully compared MSFS 2020 and MS Flight (2012) and found that there are no differences; scenery, texture, sky, weather, A/C, flight dynamic, realism, immersion etc. All parameters are exactly the same. Only the name of the simulator has change and some bird and water improvement has being added. I had high expectations for MSFS 2020 but now I am very disappointed. I will continue to use my faithful Flight Simulator 5.1 and save my money for a pair of  new shoes (for my two feet).

YES

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

On 8/11/2020 at 12:00 AM, AirWayMan said:

your terrible at comparison then, Flight has no real sim features (its an Arcade Game) and no customization allowed At All
but the Biggest Difference is Flight only has Alaska and Hawaii and only a couple of aircraft
i wont even bother talking about the new tech in msfs since i doubt you would understand that if you dont see any diff in these 2 games

Yes... you are right. That may be a irrelevant comparison. I will now perform some more comprehensive tests🎅

On 8/10/2020 at 11:52 PM, RobotRock said:

Cool story bro

Thank´s, bro! Imagine just for a moment that my tests was true, a fact = Nightmare Of The Century for the flight simulation community 😱

Edited by Wennerholm

On 8/11/2020 at 10:12 AM, ludekbrno said:

Not so funny, neither so clever. It's only a stupid trolling.

It was ment to be "a stupid trolling"🤡

2 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

It was ment to be "a stupid trolling"🤡

Welcome back Mr Speer

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub