Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Microsoft Flight Simulator Review Round-up

I wonder if had microsoft realised/ known earlier about just how much interest there was going to be in the game, they might have added in a few more things to keep engagement with new people to the sim genre. Even the most stripped down and sand boxy things like train simulator still have some sort of structure you can play it to if you want too.

30 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I thought the point about FPS over NYC/Toronto in the PC Gamer review odd. The reviewer says these locations are absolutely unplayable, even crashing, on the lowest possible graphics settings, using a RTX 2080. But I'm sure one of the alpha/beta testers with a GTX 1070 mentioned a drop in FPS over NYC on high settings, but to about 25-30 FPS and certainly still playable. And I'm sure they were playing at 4K on high settings in NYC, even though the GTX 1070 isn't even designed for 4K output (so could have got better performance at a lower resolution). Certainly no mention of it becoming unplayable or crashing. It's weird how an experience using a superior GPU could be so much worse on supposedly the lowest graphics settings.

No chance they were playing on a 1070 on high settings over New York in 4K, and getting 30fps. 

They have multiplayer that works great, and the WHOLE world to play in. They have gorgeous airplanes with cockpits that is going to challenge the newcomers for quite a while. Not to mention the infinite weather variations. And updates to come every so often. I think even the most hard core of us will find something to thoroughly entertain them for a good while 🙂

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

3 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

No chance they were playing on a 1070 on high settings over New York in 4K, and getting 30fps. 

I'll just see how it performs on my GTX 1070 8GB at 1080p over various settings. I wouldn't even consider trying a higher resolution than that.

15 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I'll just see how it performs on my GTX 1070 8GB at 1080p over various settings. I wouldn't even consider trying a higher resolution than that.

It will be absolutely fine, you can go above 1080p if you have the monitor. 

In the Year of the Plague 2020,  thousands of flight simmers around the world will now be able to virtually escape these dark and depressing days for a while...   

• Like 4

There’s a good chance it’ll take bronze I think after cyberpunk and tlou pt2. Obviously it’s game of the year in our hearts. 

the thing I like best about the mainstream reaction is how it is the first proper, real example of a next generation game (chill out). 

• Upvote 1

Amazing reviews, which are very well deserved. Congratulations Asobo and MS. 🙏

• Like 1

What an amazing first round of interviews.  I mean I expected people that are into flight simulation to love it obviously, but for all of these mainstream reviews to give it such high marks...just wonderful.

The champaign bottles must be popping over at Asobo today, well deserved!

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

I thought the point about FPS over NYC/Toronto in the PC Gamer review odd. The reviewer says these locations are absolutely unplayable, even crashing, on the lowest possible graphics settings, using a RTX 2080. But I'm sure one of the alpha/beta testers with a GTX 1070 mentioned a drop in FPS over NYC on high settings, but to about 25-30 FPS and certainly still playable. And I'm sure they were playing at 4K on high settings in NYC, even though the GTX 1070 isn't even designed for 4K output (so could have got better performance at a lower resolution). Certainly no mention of it becoming unplayable or crashing. It's weird how an experience using a superior GPU could be so much worse on supposedly the lowest graphics settings.

Unless they made some drastic changes for the worse, then I can't agree with this. I just flew around NYC last night on high settings and my game never crashed on 4k with a 2080 super. As a matter of fact I've never had a ctd since the last 2 alphas. 

• Like 1

Yeah I’ve only had 3 crashes in about 5 months, and that was all at the same time when I was trying to make it crash... (at a particular airport it seemed to struggle with). That’s with a 1070 on 80% of 4K. 

• Like 2

People can pick anything apart, but when you step back and look at what they’ve accomplished technically along with the breadth of features (perfect or not) on offer, it’s pretty amazing and easily worth a 85%+.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1